Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Phila. Commuter Rail Disruptions

Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards

SEPTA has pulled approximately 1/3 of it's regional rail cars for safety issues until further notice. Cracks were found on the drop equalizer beams on over 90% of the new Silverliner V coaches.

Commuter rail lines are running on an "Enhanced Saturday Schedule". Details can be found here

The Airport line is running on a Saturday schedule. That schedule is here

I was there on Wednesday, and the commuter trains were running full and late. A lot of the "inner" stations were being bypassed due to full trains.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:59 am

News article with more details:
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/0...iner-v-defect/
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
I suspect this will have little affect on airport service.

In terms of frequency, the Saturday airport schedule is virtually identical to the weekday airport schedule.

In terms of crowding, most of the airport runs I've been on have been less than half full, so I highly doubt anyone is not going to get a seat.

The most affect I can see is whether the trains are affected by spillover delays from other lines, i.e. some airport line trains originate in Glenside, Warminster etc and could be delayed on their inbound run to Center City. But on a line with service every 30 minutes, it's hard to see delays being too terrible.

If you want to connect to another SEPTA line, or Amtrak, at 30th Street Station of course, that's potentially a different story.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.