Wiki Posts
Search

TSA precheck in PHL Terminal B@C

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Southwest
TSA precheck in PHL Terminal B@C

I'll be flying in and out of Phila fairly regularly and a friend tells me there is no pre-check lane at terminals B$C..The last three times, they issued her a card that IDd her as pre-check so she didn't have to take shoes off, etc, but still had to wait in the regular line These were not early AM flights; all were midday.

If it's true, can one enter at another terminal a walk to the American terminal?
Old May 13, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA GfL
It depends. Sometimes there is enough staff for a Pre-check line, sometimes not. Yes, you can walk over from another terminal (but you then run the risk of Pre-check having vanished at the other entry point, too).
Old May 14, 2016, 1:55 am

The general rule-of-thumb for PHL pre is, B and D/E are open with the most "regular" hours (supposed to be 4am-8pm for B, 4am-6:30pm for D/E). A and C pre are subject to staffing as travelmad478 points out

All the security lines will give you a "enhanced security" screening (eg shoes on, but laptop/liquids out) if you get the 3-beep-precheck indicator at all hours through the regular lines.

As for your last question, yes you can now walk between all the terminals post-security (there is still a post security shuttle for those who don't want to walk between A/B/C/F)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
As late, there is TSA Pre at Terminal B but not at C. If you are Pre and going through C, they will put a sticker on your paper boarding pass or issue you a card to help expedite in that you won't have to take your shoes off but will be expected to remove laptops from carryon luggage, and will be funneled through the same line as everyone else.

As others have pointed out, and unlike EWR, you can get to all terminals through any terminal security line. Not saying it'll be a quick commute, but it can be done...B and C are especially close together. Walking to most, and using the little shuttle bus out of C (I think it is) to get to E and F. It's not uncommon for many Pre passengers to go through security at B then walk over to their gate leaving from C.

Safe travels.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by notmypetunia
... and using the little shuttle bus out of C (I think it is) to get to E and F.
Do NOT use the shuttle to go to Terminal E. The walk from F (where the bus drops off) to E is as long or longer then the walk from the C bus terminal to E.

Maybe the bus from A-East to F then walking to E is shorter than walking straight from A-East to E, but all terminals are now connected airside so either method works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.