Wiki Posts
Search

White Plains Metro-North station facilities

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

White Plains Metro-North station facilities

Quick question: Are there bathroom facilities at this train station that will be open Saturday morning? If not, is there a Dunkin' Donuts or some other place that has a ladies room near the train station? Thanks.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Analise,

Ask me the last time I looked at this forum? Mid-Atlantic implies south of NYC, in spite of what the MODs think.

So, to answer your question > If I recall, there's a restroom inside the waiting room.
When you exit the train in White Plains, the doors open on both sides. Exit on the left and head inside. Then, walk in the direction the train is going and there should be a bathroom at the very end.

If this plan doesn't work, there's a DD at 50 Mamaroneck Ave, corner of Main Street. That's 2 - 3 minutes from the train.

dh
Old May 29, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Analise,

Ask me the last time I looked at this forum? Mid-Atlantic implies south of NYC, in spite of what the MODs think.
I agree; I couldn't ask in the NYC or DC forum so what was I to do?

So, to answer your question > If I recall, there's a restroom inside the waiting room.
When you exit the train in White Plains, the doors open on both sides. Exit on the left and head inside. Then, walk in the direction the train is going and there should be a bathroom at the very end.

If this plan doesn't work, there's a DD at 50 Mamaroneck Ave, corner of Main Street. That's 2 - 3 minutes from the train.
Thanks!
Old May 30, 2015, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
My wife was at the idea of using a public restroom.

dh
Old May 31, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I grew up in White Plains...used to come here very frequently to come into NYC. There are public restrooms available, although I believe they are on the platform level of the station, not the ground level. They should be further back on the platform (i.e. if you are taking the train into NYC, it will be further back on the inside).

If you decide the premises aren't for you, or they are locked up, don't walk to Main Street and Mamaroneck - that is only a 2-3 minute walk if you are running (it's at least 1/2 a mile away). Go to the White Plains Mall (Hamilton Avenue and Martine, if I remember my streets right) instead. It's a bit of a broken-down place (really only around because the DMV is there), but they should definitely have facilities there to use.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Those "restroom" on the platform letter wasn't as nice as the one in the Jamaica LIRR station which speaks volumes. My family was stuck in traffic so I went to the galleria which was the first mall I saw to wait for them. I would have gone to a coffee shop had I seen one first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.