IAD Connection Questions

IAD Connection Questions

Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

IAD Connection Questions

For our outbound leg:
Depart JFK on a JetBlue flight landing at 7:10
Need to connect to an Etihad flight to AUH departing at 9:30 PM

I think we've got enough time to collect our bags, switch terminals, and check in for our international flight, but I'd love some advice/opinions on how rushed we'll be.

For our return leg:
Arrive from DXB on an Etihad flight landing at 5:40 PM
Need to connect to a Jetblue flight to JFK departing at 7:44 PM

We will have to collect our bags, clear customs (we have global entry), change terminals, and check our bags in for the domestic leg.

Any thoughts on potential snags in our plans? Am I just risking too much with these connections (it wouldn't be a big deal at all to me if I didn't have to check bags, but that part scares me)

Thanks in advance - JP
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jpripcord
Arrive from DXB on an Etihad flight landing at 5:40 PM
How are you departing DXB on Etihad?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jpripcord
Any thoughts on potential snags in our plans?
Yup -- if your two outbound flights are on separate PNRs and you need to check a bag with Etihad, and your JetBlue shuttle down from JFK runs more than half an hour late, you could be screwed. As you well know late afternoon / early evening is crunch time at Kennedy and delays are common. You should double-check the landside check-in cutoff at IAD for Etihad. I like to be at the airport a firm two hours ahead of departure for international longhaul flights; I would not chance what you are contemplating.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Departing AUH. You are correct, not DXB.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.