Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Best way from IAD to PHL?

Best way from IAD to PHL?

Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Here's some out of the box (not necessarily serious) thinking: there is an IAD-BWI shuttle for $59 that puts you essentially at an Amtrak station a bit closer to Philly.

See here: http://www.theairportshuttle.com/airport_to_airport
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:25 pm

The drive from Dulles to the beltway, whether by yourself or with a cab, uber, bus etc. is easy. The problems begin there. Driving via anything during PM rush hour to downtown is torture. It's even worse with the cross town drive to Union Station. Don't do it. The problems are (1) inner belt is a 10 mile crawl from Dulles access road to I-95 north. (2) driving into the city is tough because of rush hour one-way and lane restrictions for those leaving the city.

The only reliable way is to take the the Wash Flyer to the West Falls Church Metro station, then Metro to Union Station and Amtrak to Phil.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by klevin99
The drive from Dulles to the beltway, whether by yourself or with a cab, uber, bus etc. is easy. The problems begin there. Driving via anything during PM rush hour to downtown is torture. It's even worse with the cross town drive to Union Station. Don't do it. The problems are (1) inner belt is a 10 mile crawl from Dulles access road to I-95 north. (2) driving into the city is tough because of rush hour one-way and lane restrictions for those leaving the city.

The only reliable way is to take the the Wash Flyer to the West Falls Church Metro station, then Metro to Union Station and Amtrak to Phil.
and, we finally have a winner. i think the amtraks are all reserved seating, so the trains are not overloaded as they once were. if biz class on the regular train is available for cheap, consider it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.