Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Items Reported Missing From Luggage at Syracuse Airport at Twice the National Rate

Items Reported Missing From Luggage at Syracuse Airport at Twice the National Rate

Old Dec 29, 13, 10:25 am
Used to be 'FTcadence'
Original Poster

The three main parts of this mystery: claims forms from passengers, TSA notices of inspection, and missing prescription pills, clothing items, jewelry...

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...tional_ra.html

Perhaps there's just a hungry black hole hovering somewhere in a back room at the airport and hovering up items from checked luggage? Yes, yes. That's the best explanation.
Old Dec 29, 13, 9:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ing-helps.html I'll move this to the appropriate destination forum while leaving a permanent re-direct in Travel News.

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Dec 29, 13, 11:07 pm

Programs: Many
My wife bought some some expensive dolls for her nieces many years ago. She put them in her checked luggage when she left from EWR ( I think), but when she arrived they were gone. She didn't file any claim. Maybe she should have, but what could she have expected. There was no proof she had put the dolls in her luggage.
Old Dec 30, 13, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by CC1972 View Post
My wife bought some some expensive dolls for her nieces many years ago. She put them in her checked luggage when she left from EWR ( I think), but when she arrived they were gone. She didn't file any claim. Maybe she should have, but what could she have expected. There was no proof she had put the dolls in her luggage.
Even if you don't expect to get them back, by reporting something like this you help improve the chances that the perpetrator will eventually get caught. If nobody reports anything the criminal continues to get away with it. I get very frustrated when people don't report thefts - it is helping the thief!
Old Dec 30, 13, 10:03 am

I agree 100%
Old Jan 1, 14, 8:02 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG

Investigation at JFK resulted in arrest of
7 luggage handlers for stealing from bags while in belly of aircraft.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: