Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

La Tagliatella in Arlington -- Really that bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Tom Sietsema, food critic for the Washington Post, wrote a lengthy, scathing review of La Tagliatella:

Just Say 'No Grazie' to La Tagliatella

La Tagliatella in Arlington makes a strong case for hazard pay for restaurant critics. The Italian concept, an unfortunate import from Europe that plays up 400 combinations of pasta and sauce, is so distasteful on so many different levels, I was tempted to dismiss it after just one visit. I changed my mind when I considered its prime corner real estate in Clarendon and the Poland-based chain’s intention to expand elsewhere in the United States.

Someone needs to put a stop to this threat to our nation.

I'd never heard of the place. Has anyone tried it? Is it really that bad? The menu sure seems bizarre, and is not what I'd expect at an Italian place.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by MrColdShower
Tom Sietsema, food critic for the Washington Post, wrote a lengthy, scathing review of La Tagliatella:

Just Say 'No Grazie' to La Tagliatella

La Tagliatella in Arlington makes a strong case for hazard pay for restaurant critics. The Italian concept, an unfortunate import from Europe that plays up 400 combinations of pasta and sauce, is so distasteful on so many different levels, I was tempted to dismiss it after just one visit. I changed my mind when I considered its prime corner real estate in Clarendon and the Poland-based chain’s intention to expand elsewhere in the United States.

Someone needs to put a stop to this threat to our nation.

I'd never heard of the place. Has anyone tried it? Is it really that bad? The menu sure seems bizarre, and is not what I'd expect at an Italian place.
I have not been, but friends who have been say it's utterly awful. The Yelps are pretty dismal. There is no way I would ever eat there.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I've never been there but that review..I would never go there. He basically said olive garden is so much better. Ask my girlfriend what I think of olive garden or spaghetti factory....it's the equivalent of someone who is an immigrant for Mexico going to taco bell for tacos.

The fact they have 15 sauces where you pick your past and then your sauce...I can se 4 or 5 that can be easily maintained..but 15?????
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
He's a great critic. If he says the place is bad, I'd avoid it. There are plenty of other places where you can spend your money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.