Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buffalo - worth visiting?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 3:27 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I visited the observation deck of the Buffalo City Hall and Guaranty Building, and rather enjoyed the respective lobbies and elevators. Certainly worth at least a day for the downtown, a visit to the Falls, and if you're interested in Buffalo's edible legacy, buffalo wings or a beef on weck (caraway seed roll) at the Anchor Bar.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Why Buffalo (Yes, That Buffalo) Is America's Most Underrated City to Spend a Weekend

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
Is there anything worth doing in the city of Buffalo?
Sorry for taking 5+years to reply, but I just came across an article that explains why you should visit BUF:
In a time when every American city starts to seem the same, when Dallas looks like Tampa looks like Charlotte looks like Phoenix, Buffalo feels solidly like Buffalo, New York. It doesn’t have glass towers, but it’s rich in grain silos. You won’t find many Starbucks, but every block has a corner tavern. Nobody’s using the word “craft” to justify $17 drinks, but bars are open until 4am. The people are real, the food is great, and they’ve repurposed beautiful relics without a hint of pretension. You will party harder, eat better, and make more new friends in a weekend, all for less money, than anywhere else in America.
Link to full article: Thrillist Travel: Why Buffalo (Yes, That Buffalo) Is America's Most Underrated City to Spend a Weekend (January 19, 2018)
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Some friends of mine from University posted about a new interesting space called The Rowhouse Bakery & Restaurant. Opened a few months ago but looks rather good.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I was born and raised in Buffalo----things have changes over the last few years.

the real estate park is jumping really fast.

My dad went into a nursing home last year so we had to go through selling the house we grew up in. For the longest time the price was generally around $65K-$80K over the last 30 years (even during the mid 2000s housing boom). When we sold the house it went to a dlipper who did some repair work (which we knew it needed) and it was posted for over &100K. This a house built over 40 years ago.

in downtown area and around there ----there are new restaurants opening and new places to see. old tourist guides aren't going to be up to date.

Buffalo still has its historic architecture designed by the greats of the late 1800s/early 1900s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.