Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
I have no personal experience; I believe it's possible, but even if it is, IMO it's not really worth clearing security twice for.
I've actually done this a couple times when I've shown up "too early" at BWI. If you have a couple hours before your flight and have precheck, I would generally say it's worthwhile to pass through security twice to gain lounge access -- at least if you're interested in the free food and drink (which I usually am at BWI, because I'm usually flying domestic from BWI). If they ask at security, just tell them you're heading to the lounge. Obviously, if security is backed up or you're time is limited, it's probably not worthwhile.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:36 pm

I'm going to try this lounge for the first time on Sunday morning (<9am). I'm guessing (hoping) it won't be too busy at that time. Do they serve alcohol during all opening hours?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:52 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
This is the most eerily deserted I've ever seen this lounge -- there are like three other guests here total right now
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I'm going to try this lounge for the first time on Sunday morning (<9am). I'm guessing (hoping) it won't be too busy at that time. Do they serve alcohol during all opening hours?
There we only 2 other people in when I was there this Sunday. Both of them were asleep! Dishes on several empty tables. Pretty trashy scene
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have only visited in the late afternoon and it's usually quite busy. In fact, I've had to ask idiots who've thrown their coats and such on additional chairs to move them so that I could have a place to sit.

This obviously isn't a great lounge, but it's better than no lounge. I think it's still the only one at the airport. I'd love Priority Pass to add a restaurant.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:19 pm

A Priority Pass restaurant at BWI would be good. I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer finding a seat at a quiet gate area over being in lounge >80% full. Probably because I have little interest in alcohol and prefer an actual restaurant meal if I need to eat.

I'll next be in BWI on Sun 23 Dec on an international departure after 8pm. I have no idea if the airport will busy or quiet. I'm not usually a Christmas traveler. If the weather is sketchy it's likely I'll arrive with lots of time to kill, so I may give the lounge another shot.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Maybe I just don't normally check, but I don't recall there usually being "real" food beyond like pasta/potato salad. At any rate, they currently have these chicken salad croissant sandwiches, what look like tuna salad wraps, and soup labeled "tomato bisque" which has more of a Southwestern flavor (contains corn and black beans, and has a very mild kick). Chicken salad is dry and unremarkable. Soup is decent.

FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:30 pm

Any new updates? We are flying out of concourse C and it sounds like it may not be worth it. We just got our PP cards and this one is far - PHX airport stops being a PP lounge *the day* we fly back. So- this isn't a great welcome. We have used lounges when flying business but this is just a domestic flight and economy.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:31 pm

This lounge is defintely not worth clearing security just to visit (unless you have a huge amount of time to kill and/or are curious). Small, cramped, and mediocre snacks. I'd just go to concourse D and find a restaurant.
WAStraveller likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:13 pm

It's completely full here right now. I think I got the last available seat.

Chicken salad wraps or veggie wraps, chicken noodle soup, a vegan vegetable soup, and the other usual party tray type things to nibble on.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped by last Saturday morning from 8:30-8:45. Glad to find the full bar operating and a pretty decent breakfast spread including some hot options.

FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Visited yesterday. I'm happy to say The Club is open right now though with reduced hours (8 AM to 5 PM 7 Days a Week). half the seating is blocked off for COVID reasons though because of the size of this lounge you can't really stay 6 feet away easily. Food options are reduced, there was nothing hot for breakfast for example, and all food has to be served to you. The bar is still open and coffee and soda are self serve at least.

Food included wrapped pastries, hard boiled eggs, fruit and yogurt parfaits and granola bars
Zorak, DCA writer and chrisny2 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:47 am

Here now -- substantially the same as CMK10's photos above. Food must be requested from an attendant, drinks from the bartender; soda/coffee still self serve.

There are only 2 other pax here so at least for now we each have an entire seating section to ourselves.

And for once there's no NK plane blocking the view

DELee likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 1:53 pm

Stopped in on the evening of 3/11 at 6:30 PM. The lounge was really crowded and I had to wait about 5 minutes for people to leave before I could get a seat

I really wish they could expand, it's just too small a space.

Liquor selections weren't great but they had a few local beers

There was one hot entree and a soup and it was served by an attendant.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:04 pm

Food items are now self-serve. In addition to plastic-wrapped mini bowls of celery/veggies, hummus, etc. there are also three large containers with what looked like tomato soup, white rice, and some generic Asian chicken dish. (I just had a real lunch before arriving at BWI, so didn't try anything.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.