Reload this Page >

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Any idea when the new BWI lounge will open? It was supposed to happen in the fall after a quick renovation, but there appears to be a delay.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I pinged the person at Airmaill who responded to my previous inquiry, and the current projection is they will be open by the 1st or 2nd week in May.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:38 pm

Noticed on the PP website that the Chesapeake Club Lounge is dropping out of the PP program in just over a month. Hoping that means the new lounge should open around then.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...6-4e468acd75cb
"Please note the lounge will no longer participate in the program effective 18MAY17."
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: VA, QF
Originally Posted by BlueEngineer
Noticed on the PP website that the Chesapeake Club Lounge is dropping out of the PP program in just over a month. Hoping that means the new lounge should open around then.

"Please note the lounge will no longer participate in the program effective 18MAY17."
Hopefully before then. I'm flying out of there a week before that
Old May 1, 2017, 2:33 pm

Smile Chesapeake Club / Baltimore Lounge Access for non-International flights?

Sorry if this is repeat question. I searched and did not see this asked. Trying to pre-plan our travels as we will be bringing a 2-year old for the first time.

We don't travel much but will be flying from MHT to FLL with a connecting flight in BWI on Southwest on 5/4. Looks like we will be landing in Pier B in BWI. I see that there is the Chesapeake Club BWI Airport in Pier E for Priority Pass members, I understand that under conditions it says " International flights from Pier E only". With Concourse D/E connector opening in BWI late last year, I am thinking we should be able to walk from pier B to E from airside. Would we be able to access the Chesapeake Club? Do they really check for boarding passes at these lounges? Is this a YMMV situation or is it a definite "no"?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 1, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by zephear0
With Concourse D/E connector opening in BWI late last year, I am thinking we should be able to walk from pier B to E from airside.
Sadly, no. A/B/C are connected airside, and D/E are connected airside, but not between the two groups.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:43 pm

Sorry if this is repeat question. I searched and did not see this asked. Trying to pre-plan our travels as we will be bringing a 2-year old for the first time.

We don't travel much but will be flying from MHT to FLL with a connecting flight in BWI on Southwest on 5/4. Looks like we will be landing in Pier B in BWI. I see that there is the Chesapeake Club BWI Airport in Pier E for Priority Pass members, I understand that under conditions it says " International flights from Pier E only". With Concourse D/E connector opening in BWI late last year, I am thinking we should be able to walk from pier B to E from airside. Would we be able to access the Chesapeake Club? Do they really check for boarding passes at these lounges? Is this a YMMV situation or is it a definite "no"?

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Zorak
Sadly, no. A/B/C are connected airside, and D/E are connected airside, but not between the two groups.
Thanks for your response. So I guess it will be two security checks if we are trying to go from B to E in BWI. May not be practical, but back to my original question, anybody know if the Chesapeake Club Lounge will let non-international flyers into their lounge?
Old May 2, 2017, 8:17 am

Thanks for your response. So I guess it will be two security checks if we are trying to go from B to E in BWI. May not be practical, but back to my original question, anybody know if the Chesapeake Club Lounge will let non-international flyers into their lounge?
I was able to use the lounge with a domestic flight out of D on Delta to Detroit. I don't remember if they asked for my boarding pass or not, but they were definitely aware that I wasn't flying on BA/WOW/Condor- the international airlines that fly out of pier E.

This happened about a week after the D-E connector opened up, so I don't know if they might have cracked down.

While it is a fairly nice lounge, don't know if I would walk down there and clear security twice without a significantly long layover. The airport is connected A/B to D/E but only on the pre-security (ticketing) side.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:28 pm

http://www.theclubairportlounges.com/club-BWI.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...er-lounge.html

A new passenger lounge is up and running at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport in the place of the former Airspace Lounge.

Airport Lounge Development, based in Dallas, announced the opening of The Club BWI on Wednesday, the 16th location globally. [...]

The 2,200-square-foot lounge is located in concourse D near gate 10 and operates daily from 5 a.m.-8:30 p.m. A $40 daily membership includes premium alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink, snacks, Wi-Fi and several reading materials. Members of Priority Pass, LoungeKey and Lounge Club are also welcome.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:14 pm

It's also now listed on the priority pass site:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...4-The-Club-BWI
Old May 15, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: United MP (Platinum), AS (75K), AA (GM)
Thumbs up

I'm sitting in the newly opened lounge now. I've never been to previous versions, but this is a relatively nice lounge with a small buffet (hummus, pasta salad, snacks) and beverages. Not sure if they charge for alcohol but they had coffee, espresso and cans of soda out and available. WiFi was decent. I'll definitely use it again before my UA flights in D. Too bad you can't access it from A/B/C.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by tj722
I'm sitting in the newly opened lounge now. I've never been to previous versions, but this is a relatively nice lounge with a small buffet (hummus, pasta salad, snacks) and beverages. Not sure if they charge for alcohol but they had coffee, espresso and cans of soda out and available. WiFi was decent. I'll definitely use it again before my UA flights in D. Too bad you can't access it from A/B/C.
Good to hear! How large is the seating area? I thought the press release said "50" people max in the lounge, hopefully this one doesn't have too bad of an overcrowding problem.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: United MP (Platinum), AS (75K), AA (GM)
Good to hear! How large is the seating area? I thought the press release said "50" people max in the lounge, hopefully this one doesn't have too bad of an overcrowding problem.
It is a pretty small space - I'd say that 50 would be pretty close to/over capacity. There weren't too many people in there when i visited.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:51 pm

It may be that not too many people know about it yet. The guests were outnumbered by the staff when we visited early last Friday morning. Pleasant and welcoming staff.
Old May 17, 2017, 3:23 pm

Actually ended up visiting today. About 5 or so people in there when I showed up- as most of the seats are in sets of 4, not a ton of places to sit alone. Food and drinks very reminiscent of The Club at ATL. (Haven't been to any of the others)

Can see this place getting really busy if weather causes any delays.

This is at almost the furthest extent from the entrance. There is an elevated area just behind with some chairs. Bathrooms are in the lounge, but didn't take a look at them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.