Community
Wiki Posts
Search

late night Metro safety from DCA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Rob Z
Glad it worked out .... Love the Metro! Best transportation system in the country, I think.
Glad you think that...I live here and don't believe it's even close to the tops. It has good things, but plenty of bad things...and yes, every system does.

-jeremy
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Glad you think that...I live here and don't believe it's even close to the tops.
I think it has gone way down hill in the last decade.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
Originally Posted by Yuengling
I think it has gone way down hill in the last decade.
Agreed. Crime on the Metro was a non issue then, but it certainly is now. The VA stations are fine, though.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Yes, replying to the initial question - safety on Metro isn't completely flawless, but should be perfectly fine in Virginia stations, especially the airport to Pentagon city. You don't need to worry about crime like in New York on the trains...

But in response to the other question, the security comes at a price, and it's charged at Peak rates, oh yeah, and Peak-Of-The-Peak too...

-jeremy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.