Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL in PHL - Sunday bar opeing times?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

DL in PHL - Sunday bar opeing times?

I realize this isn't really a DL thread, but since Dl has moved to D in PHL, here I go. Does anyone know if Jet Rocks opens (and serves alcohol) at 7:00 on Sunday, like the rest of the bars in PHL? I read old threads on Pa. law and 11 am Sunday openings, but I know from experience that Chickie & Petes and others in C and B serve at 7 on Sundays. Thanks

Last edited by cdepks; Oct 21, 2010 at 8:30 pm Reason: correction...thanks KenfromDE
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:11 pm

IN PHL DL moved to D!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Wow, looking for an open bar at 7 in the morning on Sundays? Hardcore! I don't know about the bars, but I'll bet the WCTU is open at 7 am if you're bored
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Wow, looking for an open bar at 7 in the morning on Sundays? Hardcore! I don't know about the bars, but I'll bet the WCTU is open at 7 am if you're bored
Not really "hard-core", just going to be up all night working and would like to have a drink or two before heading to LAS. 7am for some is like 7pm for others....
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:19 pm

You're a better man than me, Charlie Brown! Haven't done that since college days, restarting with a warm beer!

PS Why the long time to reply? Just get out?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I can't say for sure, since I have never walked into the place at that time of the morning, but I am past Jet Rocks often at around 8:00 to 9:00 AM on weekdays, and don't recall it looking like it was open.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I can't say for sure, since I have never walked into the place at that time of the morning, but I am past Jet Rocks often at around 8:00 to 9:00 AM on weekdays, and don't recall it looking like it was open.
I fly out of there many Sunday's -- including tomorrow. Jet Rock opens early but only the front part with the kitchen serving breakfast. I've never seen a bartender in the back section that early.

However its always worth a call.

Jet Rock
phone: 215-492-4800

description: A rock-and-roll-themed restaurant with the most popular Philly food and 48 beers on draft.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

As this is not really DL-specific, I am moving the thread to the FT Mid-Atlantic States Forum.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check this out. The Penna Liquor Control Board continues to dwell in the dark ages to continue to benefit anyone but the paying customer.

MisterNice
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:50 pm

Programs: Silver, US Air
Guv'mint knows best!!

Tut! Tut! My boy.....Now, we cant have all those good, church going Phila men out drinking at 7AM, can we? Hell.....we'd have half of Pennsylvania's hunters coming home in a wooden box Sunday night.

--------From a 28 year Philadlphia resident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.