Wiki Posts
Search

Last minute trip to DC this weekend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat- 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold\
Last minute trip to DC this weekend

Girlfriend decided she wanted to go to DC for the 4th at the last minute. Any ideas for trying to get a White House tour? I've tried my Senators and Reps, no luck. Any suggestions on where to watch fireworks?

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:59 am

White House tours need to be booked months in advance. Now would be a good time to try and get one for December or January.

You could probably get a tour of the Capitol Building, just call one of your elected officials and they should be able to set it up.

In terms of the fireworks, The Mall is where the concert and crowds are. It is always a popular option. Maybe the roof of your hotel.

Originally Posted by brooks5018
Girlfriend decided she wanted to go to DC for the 4th at the last minute. Any ideas for trying to get a White House tour? I've tried my Senators and Reps, no luck. Any suggestions on where to watch fireworks?

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL FO, US Silver, MR Plat, HH Silver
Other places to watch would be some of the parks along the Potomac. A popular one is the one west of DCA just off airport property. You can metro to the airport and walk to it or if you are driving you could probably park at the airport. If you actually want to park in the lot for the park the entrance is off the GW parkway, but you will need to get there early.

I used to live in the DC area and getting downtown for the 4th is chaotic. Any public place that has a view of the fireworks is going to be packed. I was lucky enough to have friends that lived or worked in buildings that had good views, but getting home was never fun after those.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Where are you staying? It will be easier to provide recommendations with that info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.