Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Does DCA have a SkyPriority (Delta) line at security?

Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Does DCA have a SkyPriority (Delta) line at security? What can I expect time-wise at 10am on a Sunday?
Old Jan 19, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Does DCA have a SkyPriority (Delta) line at security? What can I expect time-wise at 10am on a Sunday?
DCA is not a delta hub. Unless your priority class give you something like you can go through TSA pre heck you have no “ advantage”

DCA has a new design thst started 2+ yrs ago.

Sincr Delta gates are in concourse B you want to go through security south side of airport. From metro platform at DCA this os the way the Franconia/ Huntington bound trains are going thrn down escalators thrn left over the bridge to the main airport. You have security on thr side at thst level thst you can go through with electronic boarding pass.

E and D are american
C is mostly American. I think some jet blue there
B is delta, United, Alaska
A is southwest, frontier

Sunday at

10 am…it probably won’t be too long of lines at security.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Time was even Richmond Airport had a Delta SkyPriority line, but what went away in covid times has still not returned

I'll be doing a rental car drop off, is it straight forward/a short walk to the terminal, or is there a bus or something I'll need?

As an aside, I have many fond memories of when it was only the "Historic Lobby", those were the days.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts

I'll be doing a rental car drop off, is it straight forward/a short walk to the terminal, or is there a bus or something I'll need?
On the map above, near parking #1 (in kinda the lower right hand side of the map) there's a white box that says rental cars. From there, you can easily go along from north-ish end parking garage 1 and the rental car return traveling north along a covered walkway towards parking garage 2, hang a right and go across the bridge over the road from the southern-ish end of parking garage 2 to the terminal. I've never timed it, but I'd be surprised if it's more than a five minute trip. It's easy and well-signed.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:05 pm

5-7 minute walk, depending on your speed. One small caveat. Avis and Budget recently moved off airport, if you are renting from them, allow more time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.