Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa

Old Mar 21, 07, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver

Anybody have advice for a nice place? The wife and I are going to be backpacking before we get here, so looking to modestly splurge. This is in late May, so hopefully during off-peak? Any advice on walk-hotels would be good too. Better to book online or walk-up?
Old Mar 21, 07, 3:06 pm

Don't know if it fits a modest splurge, but family members have loved Villa del Sol.
Old Mar 21, 07, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver
Wow. That looks very nice, but yes, a bit out of our price range.

Originally Posted by Orchids View Post
Don't know if it fits a modest splurge, but family members have loved Villa del Sol.
Old Mar 21, 07, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1P
If you can save up some spare cash or check out their occasional deals, La Casa Que Canta is the place to go. I honeymooned there last summer and it was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Absolutely worth my wife and I saving up for - we can't wait to go back in 2008.
Old Mar 22, 07, 9:11 am

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
Check Bookit.com for the Intercontinental. My friend just came from there. He said it was wonderful. He is a Royal Ambassador with the Priority club chain and they treated him like a king. The rate on bookit.com is the best rate available.
Old Mar 22, 07, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 2P
You should check out this site, http://www.zihuatanejo-rentals.com/
I know an Alaskan who followed the example of her governor and found a place thru that site, it's good reading anyway.

Search this Thread