New International Airport in Tulum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.

I was reading an article on the Yucatan in the Mecury News (here's a link: A year after Wilma, Yucatan is revived and ready for tourists), and it says...

To help keep those rooms full, a new international airport is being built at Tulum, 80 miles south of Cancun. That will also help relieve congestion at Cancun's airport, which is adding a second terminal to help handle its 170 daily arrivals.

I can find no other mention of a new airport being built in Tulum anywhere else. Is this just flights of fancy by the San Jose reporter, or is there a plan in the near future to build a new airport near Tulum?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Never giving up on my old threads, I found this link to a discussion on the airport at a Playa Del Carmen forum.

Cheers,
Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.