Getting from Cancun to Cozumel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting from Cancun to Cozumel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:01 am

Programs: AA: Gold (1,257,458 miles to date), Marriott: Gold, Hilton: Gold
According to mapchick on her airport map, the bus leaves from outside terminal 2. (take airport shuttle to terminal 2 if arriving at terminal 3)

Here is the ADO bus website with schedule of departures for the 1 hour trip to Playa with fare of 114 pesos: http://www.ado.com.mx/wadod/compra.jsp

Change the pulldowns under "de donde sales/departing from" to Cancun Aereopuerto and the "a donde vas/going to" to Playa del Carmen. Viaje redondo is round trip and viaje sencillo is one-way.

I haven't done this myself; but just using map info and bus website online, but looks like it would work fine.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any recommendations about getting a prepaid transfer from CUN to the Cozumel Ferry?

I've done it before negotiating the taxi, but this time I'll have a bunch more baggage -- I'll be on the road for a month, ending at Cozumel.

Can I get dropped off right at the ferry? Last time I had to go the block and a half, and with two wheeled bags a piece plus a carry-on (six bags!), I'd like to not slog it.

(I know, I should ship one of the bags home, but I think this will be cheaper. And I need three of the bags - one is just dive gear).
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medalion
I've always had to walk that last bit. Good luck.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by CTviajera
According to mapchick on her airport map, the bus leaves from outside terminal 2. (take airport shuttle to terminal 2 if arriving at terminal 3)

Here is the ADO bus website with schedule of departures for the 1 hour trip to Playa with fare of 114 pesos: http://www.ado.com.mx/wadod/compra.jsp

Change the pulldowns under "de donde sales/departing from" to Cancun Aereopuerto and the "a donde vas/going to" to Playa del Carmen. Viaje redondo is round trip and viaje sencillo is one-way.

I haven't done this myself; but just using map info and bus website online, but looks like it would work fine.
The website doesn't seem to work for me, I get that the route doesn't exist (for may 13).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.