Wiki Posts
Search

Car rental in Cabo San Lucas

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:00 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Car rental in Cabo San Lucas

We'd like to rent a car on an upcoming trip. It's been years since we've rented a car in Cabo. It was an unpleasant experience. We had an amazing quote but it wasn't honored. Once there, we were told we needed to add a lot of insurance that wasn't included in the quote. We'd like to get a quote that includes any required insurance and then would be honored on arrival. Where have you gotten ethical service?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We'd like to rent a car on an upcoming trip. It's been years since we've rented a car in Cabo. It was an unpleasant experience. We had an amazing quote but it wasn't honored. Once there, we were told we needed to add a lot of insurance that wasn't included in the quote. We'd like to get a quote that includes any required insurance and then would be honored on arrival. Where have you gotten ethical service?
Can't help you with the rental car, but when we were there in Oct 2019, we used Uber to get to everywhere. It was really cheap comparing to rental car. We stayed at the Westin resort and the concierge at Westin told us Uber is the best transportation there. We didn't talked to any of the drivers. Just enter the destination on the app and that's it. The Uber cars were lined up outside the resort waiting throughout the day.

We did get private transportation to and from hotel to airport. You can't get Uber from the airport. I think you have to walk out to the nearest grocery store to use the app which we didn't want to. Going back to airport, I believe we could have used Uber, but I already booked roundtrip.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
I have booked with National twice in the last 4 years in Cabo San Lucas at the airport and didn't have much difficulty with the contract price. Also, note them emerging out of customs you'll probably be met with a lot of touts that will claim to be whatever you are looking for. For example, they'll ask if you're looking for a rental car, taxi or hotel shuttle and then immediately tell you that they are the person specifically for that. They are actually either shady cab drivers or more likely, time share drivers that will drive you to a timeshare property you did not ask to go to. Best to just walk by and go to the rental car area and up to the companies booth.
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:04 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

We had an excellent experience with https://bbbrentacar.com/ We had it all arranged in advance. On arrival, we took a taxi to their office which they paid. The car was older than most car rental companies with quite a few scrapes but performed very well. The price was exactly what they said. There was no effort to upcharge us. On our return, we left our luggage in the car and they drove us to the terminal.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.