Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Health questionnaire, QR code on entry to Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Health questionnaire, QR code on entry to Mexico

I saw in a few online guides and airlines pages (Volaris in particular) a reference to the "Cuestionario de Identificación de Factores de Riesgo en Viajeros" (link here, for example: https://www.aicm.com.mx/pasajeros/ti...iso-importante). All of these links are from earlier on in summer. Can't find any recent references.

Is this still valid and should be filled before entry?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
AFAIK yes, will bebtravelling next week and plan to fill normally for each passenger. In Aeromexico website they state it is required.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:23 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
We were there a few weeks ago and had to show on entry that this form had been filled out: https://afac.hostingerapp.com
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Got it, thank you!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:19 am
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
Just got to SJD and they were accepting the QR printout from the website, but were also handing out half sheets of paper you could also fill out. No real difference in entry procedure except for a temp check you just walk by. Oh and no lines whatsoever.
Fontaine likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Miles N More, One World
No QR form requested entering CDMX yesterday
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
Filled out the form and had the electronic QR code ready to present upon landing and entry to CUN just after Thanksgiving (UA also provided a paper form). We were never asked for it. However, on the way out of CUN, we were asked for it, and we did have it ready to go on our phones. Some people had a printed copy and that seemed to work as well.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
I just arrived and didn't have any form, sans what my hotel had me fill out. Only a basic immigration form. I flew into CUN.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Came in to Mexico City and was handed the Health Survey on the flight. Pre-filled it and had a QR code online, but filled in the form anyway.
The Immigration Agent took - the hand filled form from the flight and threw away the QR code, but used the pre-printed Immigration form threw away the one provided by the airline.
Old May 7, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nnn
We were there a few weeks ago and had to show on entry that this form had been filled out: https://afac.hostingerapp.com
On our last trip to Mexico we utilized this URL to complete the Health Questionnaire and obtain the QR code on our phones when we landed. However, the link now redirects https://www.vuelaseguro.com/ and requires you to create an account. This is a hassle I'd prefer to avoid and certainly don't want to have to track online accounts for both my wife and myself for this activity. We obtained the hard copy health questionnaire directly from our airline and we've pre-filled it out. Is this sufficient? Will they accept hard copy questionnaire forms at the airport or are we required to create an online account with Vuela Seguro?

Regards
Old May 7, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by scubadu
On our last trip to Mexico we utilized this URL to complete the Health Questionnaire and obtain the QR code on our phones when we landed. However, the link now redirects https://www.vuelaseguro.com/ and requires you to create an account. This is a hassle I'd prefer to avoid and certainly don't want to have to track online accounts for both my wife and myself for this activity. We obtained the hard copy health questionnaire directly from our airline and we've pre-filled it out. Is this sufficient? Will they accept hard copy questionnaire forms at the airport or are we required to create an online account with Vuela Seguro?

Regards
Data point from a few days ago:
On a connection flight (MEX-GDL) after a long-haul coming from Europe, they requested everyone to get the QR which, as you have seen, requires online registration from a smartphone.
Let's just say the pax arriving there, some of them without a local data plan on their mobile yet, were less than happy and tried to talk their way out of it. But it was a hard requirement for the transfer. It does seem that pax leaving airport right after landing in MEX were not asked for the QR, though. Your luck may vary.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
Data point from a few days ago:
On a connection flight (MEX-GDL) after a long-haul coming from Europe, they requested everyone to get the QR which, as you have seen, requires online registration from a smartphone.
Let's just say the pax arriving there, some of them without a local data plan on their mobile yet, were less than happy and tried to talk their way out of it. But it was a hard requirement for the transfer. It does seem that pax leaving airport right after landing in MEX were not asked for the QR, though. Your luck may vary.
Thanks very much for the data point. Not really what I wanted to hear, just so tired of having to create online accounts for everything these days, but sounds like we should just go ahead and register online to avoid the hassle...

Regards
Old May 8, 2021, 7:57 am

Thanks very much for the data point. Not really what I wanted to hear, just so tired of having to create online accounts for everything these days, but sounds like we should just go ahead and register online to avoid the hassle...

Regards
yes, better do so in advance while you have a reliable internet connection too. By the way when I filled it, the website was having glitches and the some questions did not appear in the middle of the form. The answer you wanna check is « no » , they are about symptoms
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:23 pm

Well, went to the hassle of creating the online account and submitting the questionnaire, etc. and of course, upon arrival in CUN we simply went through customs and walked out the airport doors. Nobody asked to see the "required" health questionnaire.

Now I'm trying to figure out if we need an actual printed copy of our negative covid test results to check-in at the airport for return to US. Literally everything thing I've read says "hard copy paper or electronic" test results, but in Mexico one never knows what will be required on any given day and thus I could seen the check in agent demanding hard copy of test in triplicate or something.

Anyone have experience/problems with just showing the electronic copy of the negative test on your phone to check in?

Regards
Old May 14, 2021, 2:38 am

Well, went to the hassle of creating the online account and submitting the questionnaire, etc. and of course, upon arrival in CUN we simply went through customs and walked out the airport doors. Nobody asked to see the "required" health questionnaire.

Now I'm trying to figure out if we need an actual printed copy of our negative covid test results to check-in at the airport for return to US. Literally everything thing I've read says "hard copy paper or electronic" test results, but in Mexico one never knows what will be required on any given day and thus I could seen the check in agent demanding hard copy of test in triplicate or something.

Anyone have experience/problems with just showing the electronic copy of the negative test on your phone to check in?

Regards
No problem whatsoever 3 days ago checking in with an electronic test from a Mexican lab. But, guess what, when everything was settled « one last thing » came up: the QR code!
Turns out it’s also needed for regional flights so you might need it if you have a MEX connection.

The website did remember most of my info though, so the second time was relatively painless.
In GDL, it was checked by security and those who didn’t have it were put aside - no exception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.