Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

MEX 12 hour daytime layover - guided tours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.

There was a similar thread but I didn't want to butt into someone else's thread. I am looking at Aeromexico flights with a 12 hour daytime layover (approx 8am to 8pm). I figure with an hour for immigration and getting back to the airport 3 hours early (Amex or Aeromexico lounges, plus departure immigration if necessary) that would still give me a full day in Mexico City for approximately 9a-5p.

The other thread indicates we'll need to collect luggage so I'm thinking a private tour with car and driver would make sense; leave the luggage in the car while seeing the sights. Are these sorts of tours available, and does anyone have a recommendation for finding them if so? Obviously Tripadvisor is available to us but a recommended itinerary would be welcome! I have plenty of time to learn but as of now I don't really know anything about the city.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
the suggestions in the following thread are also valid for a shorter layover. MEX 21 hr Layover in December with kids

Of course, it all depends on what your interests are. Out of curiosity, when are you contemplating taking this trip?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Section 107
the suggestions in the following thread are also valid for a shorter layover. MEX 21 hr Layover in December with kids

Of course, it all depends on what your interests are. Out of curiosity, when are you contemplating taking this trip?
Early January, after a trip to Buenos Aires. We like the cultural stuff, churches and museums often, maybe some plazas if people are out and about after the holidays. I'll take a closer look at that 21hr one, I saw all the talk of hotels but didn't get further. Are there tour companies in Mexico City that we can find to book "to/from airport" tours with, either a pre-planned tour or a custom itinerary?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
I am not aware of any - I get to use my in-laws - but there must be some; perhaps search online?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.