Uber at GDL?

Old Oct 13, 19, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Uber at GDL?

I'm headed to GLD next weekend for some fun. Does Uber or Lyft serve GDL? If so is there a dedicated stand? I'm staying at the Hilton Midtown.

Perhaps a pre-pay taxi is better? I know when I go to CDMX as I walk out of the customs door I walk to the right to the stand for my taxi to the Hilton Reforma. It's cheap and efficient. Not sure what exists at GDL.

thanks
Old Oct 16, 19, 12:32 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Earlier this year, I used Uber on 2x roundtrips between GDL and downtown...no problems at all.

By the way, if food is a motivating factor for your travel, check out Mercado Libertad. Pozole, birria, tortas ahogadas...
JDiver and enviroian like this.
Old Oct 16, 19, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento View Post
Earlier this year, I used Uber on 2x roundtrips between GDL and downtown...no problems at all.

By the way, if food is a motivating factor for your travel, check out Mercado Libertad. Pozole, birria, tortas ahogadas...
Thanks! I ended up ordering car service from the Hilton Mid town fro 600 pesos. Not bad! I'll take Uber back though Sunday.
Old Dec 3, 19, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Took a taxi from a main bus station to GDL in July- was surprisingly inexpensive. And had a fun conversation with the driver.

Worked out quite well- as that place was crazy with people trying to get you to take a taxi etc...

Search this Thread