Search

3 Day Mexico City itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
3 Day Mexico City itinerary?

Assume you have three full days, one of which will be Teotihuacan. How would you allocate the remaining time. What are the absolute must sees and ideally what are some great places for Mexican cuisine. Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Assume you have three full days, one of which will be Teotihuacan. How would you allocate the remaining time. What are the absolute must sees and ideally what are some great places for Mexican cuisine. Thanks!
Without any idea of your interests, it’s difficult to make specific recommendations. But have a look at this “sticky” thread, see if it gives you any ideas: Mexico City / CDMX Stay, Eat, Drink, See & Get Around (annotated). Three days is just enough for a “taste” of CdMx; there’s so much to see and do.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Without any idea of your interests, it’s difficult to make specific recommendations. But have a look at this “sticky” thread, see if it gives you any ideas: Mexico City / CDMX Stay, Eat, Drink, See & Get Around (annotated). Three days is just enough for a “taste” of CdMx; there’s so much to see and do.
Three full days. I will be landing on the 24th late and going right to bed, with the 25/26/27 all for touring, departing 28. I am likely to spend 26th at Teotihuacan. I will peruse the thread. Looking for major "must see" monuments, museums, etc..., great informal places to try Mexican food and especially and street food that won't give an American a bad stomach and some recos for bars or lively nightlife areas would be good as well. Thanks, will read the link!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I took my daughter to Mexico City for a three and a half days visit at the end of March, it was her first time; I've visited there quite a few times before.

The evening of our arrival, we walked around Polanco and had dinner at Dulce Patria.

Day One:

During our first full day there, a Sunday, we walked along Paseo de la Reforma from Polanco to Alameda Central, Palacio de Bellas Artes and the Zocalo (Plaza de la Constitución). We then visited the Palacio Nacional (spectcular Diego Rivera murals).

We took an Uber to Contramar, where we had a lunch reservation.

After lunch we walked to the Hipódromo neighborhood and Colonia Roma (to see the house where Alfonso Cuarón's Roma was filmed).

Another Uber ride to the Historic Center and a visit of the Templo Mayor ruins and the museum.

From there we walked to El Moro for hot chocolate and churros.

Day Two:

We had the hotel arrange for a private driver to Teotihuacán (~$110). He picked us at 8:00 am. It was a much more efficient use of time than taking a bus tour. We spent more time at the site than I did when I took such a tour during one of my previous visits and visited the Museo De Los Murales Teotihuacanos (murals from the ruins) instead of being dragged to tourist trap souvenir shops and restaurants, and got back the hotel by noon (as opposed to 7:30 pm with the bus).

In the afternoon, we visited Carlos Slim's Soumaya Museum (virtually the only Museum that was open on Monday).

Dinner was at Quintonil. Yes, we are foodies.

Day Three:

Morning at the National Anthropology Museum, which in my no so humble opinion is one of the world's greatest.

The afternoon we spent at the Frida Kahlo museum, about a half an hour Uber ride from the Anthropology Museum and Polanco.

Dinner was elevated street food at Pujol.

Departure day:

We walked to one of Enrique Olvera's casual restaurants, ENO, for breakfast and then took an Uber back to the airport.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The taco omakase at pujol was excellent
JDiver and TWA884 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.