FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico-480/)
-   -   Mex Terminal 1 overnight layover. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico/1972367-mex-terminal-1-overnight-layover.html)

GeraldHouse Jun 2, 2019 7:33 pm

Mex Terminal 1 overnight layover.

Arrive 9pm, leave 6am the next day. Is it possible to go through security the night before? If not, what time does security open for international flights at Terminal 1? What is the best way to spend the night and arrive so early? I will have lounge access.

TechnoTourist Jun 2, 2019 8:45 pm

I'm planning to do something similar. Will get a few hours of sleep at the Courtyard Marriott.

JDiver Jun 2, 2019 11:33 pm

There’s always landside izZzleep, $170 MXN (under USD $9.00) for two hours, MXN $160 for a shower, etc. See IZZZLEEP

See Mexico City Airport Guide by Sleeping in Airports dot net here.

GeraldHouse Jun 3, 2019 2:05 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 31164730)
There’s always landside izZzleep, $170 MXN (under USD $9.00) for two hours, MXN $160 for a shower, etc. See IZZZLEEP

See Mexico City Airport Guide by Sleeping in Airports dot net here.

Thank you very much!!

mandrivnyk Feb 13, 2024 9:39 pm

Going to have a similar situation.

Arriving in MEX from the USA at around noon, leaving for another Mexican destination at 6:40 AM the next morning. The tickets to and from MEX are two separate ones. No checked baggage.

I have plans in the city for the first day and will be back at the MEX airport at 6-7-8 PM. I don't want to go to a hotel because I know myself - if I end up sleeping in bed, I won't be able to make it for the 6:40 AM flight.

The question "will I be allowed through the security for a morning flight in the evening?" wasn't answered above in this thread, so I dare to ask it again. If yes, then excellent, but if no, what is the earliest time they will let me through? Also, where landside could I safely spend a few hours of the night until I can go through the security? The MEX airport website doesn't seem to have any information about the security checkpoints and their timing.

And the same question if my morning would be from NLU - I'm still hesitating about where to fly from, so the morning ticket will be either from MEX or from NLU. I haven't bought that one yet.

Thank you!

M60_to_LGA Feb 16, 2024 6:22 am

Originally Posted by mandrivnyk (Post 35997058)
Going to have a similar situation.

Arriving in MEX from the USA at around noon, leaving for another Mexican destination at 6:40 AM the next morning. The tickets to and from MEX are two separate ones. No checked baggage.

I have plans in the city for the first day and will be back at the MEX airport at 6-7-8 PM. I don't want to go to a hotel because I know myself - if I end up sleeping in bed, I won't be able to make it for the 6:40 AM flight.

The question "will I be allowed through the security for a morning flight in the evening?" wasn't answered above in this thread, so I dare to ask it again. If yes, then excellent, but if no, what is the earliest time they will let me through? Also, where landside could I safely spend a few hours of the night until I can go through the security? The MEX airport website doesn't seem to have any information about the security checkpoints and their timing.

And the same question if my morning would be from NLU - I'm still hesitating about where to fly from, so the morning ticket will be either from MEX or from NLU. I haven't bought that one yet.

Thank you!

I don't know specifically how long before your flight that they'll let you through security, but I do know that they have departures at almost all hours of the night, so it's not like the airport closes up overnight.

However, if you're looking for a chair or something before security to sit in for a few hours, I doubt you'd find anything. If they do have seating, it's few and far between.

rene86mx Feb 22, 2024 12:39 pm

Before security there's always plenty people sleeping. Never tried it but would go to the second floor near the international ticketing area