Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Suggested footwear for the X-Parks in Cancun?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP

Heading down this week and think we are going to spend the day at X-PLOR. What's the best footwear between say sneakers or flip flops? We don't have water shoes so while I'm certain those are best, just trying to figure out what to wear that day given the mix of zip lining, swimming, ATV, etc.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Heading down this week and think we are going to spend the day at X-PLOR. What's the best footwear between say sneakers or flip flops? We don't have water shoes so while I'm certain those are best, just trying to figure out what to wear that day given the mix of zip lining, swimming, ATV, etc.
If you have fastenable water shoes like Teva, those might be the best bet. Flip flops / slippahs are okay for the beach, but you’ll do a lot of walking and some of it is on limestone rock and can be spiky and need shoes. Canvas / tennis shoes that can get wet are another good bet.

Be sure to take a hat, biodegradable sunscreen and maybe a rash guard. You can get sunburned easily.

See this share of the Xcaret experience: https://travelingcanucks.com/2018/05/xcaret-mexico/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.