Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Mexico blitz (land transport CJS / Cd. Juarez to USA border)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.

So this is a slightly odd one. I need to do a Mexico/texas blitz (my first) in a couple of weeks; Monterey, El Paso, Tijuana. In that order. Looking at flights, it makes far more sense for me to fly direct MTY-CJS on Aeromexico, rather than backtrack to DFW/IAH or even DEN, and later fly out ELP-SAN - mostly because I'd rather not fly Vivaerobus. The questions are...

1) How difficult is it to get from CJS to the border? How?
2) any tips for an obvious solo business traveler?
3) how slow are the pedestrian crossings, (and which ones to use) and does global entry convey any benefit to pedestrians?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: AM, UA, AA
Why not Viva?

I travel a lot to other border cities and the best bet is to take an official airport taxi to the border (done that in Reynosa, Matamoros and Tijuana before CBX)
It will likely be expensive like $20 USD
Pedestrian Crossings: It depends on time of the day. I've done 5 minute to hours. Global Entry has no benefit. You'll need MXN coins to pay for the crossing. 5-10MXN

Bonus: I see Uber has service and tried to quote from CJS to ELP and it works for $7 USD. You might want to try that one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.