Teotihuacan for 5

Old Sep 1, 18, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Teotihuacan for 5

Suggestions for travel to/from the city for a party of 5? No one is renting a car. Getting on a tour bus from hell is not appealing. Costs for a private driver? If a large UBER can get the group there, will there be one to take the group back? Suggestions welcome.
Old Sep 1, 18, 11:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’d recommend hiring a driver and car for Teotihuacan and making a Fay of it. Start at the main area and visit the temples of the Sun and Moon, etc. and the museum, visit the area with the best murals, schedule lunch at Villa Arquaeológica, then back to the City before rush hour. With five it’s economically feasible, IMO. The site is huge, and really interesting.

If you really want a learning experience about a major culture that contributed so much to Mesoamwrica, arranging with a driver guided tour with a van would be good. I’ve used Marlene Ehrenberg (marehrenberg <at> yahoo.com.mx) when we had foreign visitors that really wanted an in depth tour, and would highly recommend her.
Eastbay1K likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 1, 18 at 11:32 am
Old Sep 2, 18, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
What would you expect pricing to be?
Old Sep 2, 18, 12:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
What would you expect pricing to be?
I’m not current on pricing. The peso has changed in value and I’m not sure what’s a current price. But IMO with five people you e got some leverage there.
Old Sep 7, 18, 2:15 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
How about for 2 people? Any other good options when the party size shrinks?
Old Sep 7, 18, 8:13 am

Another option is to just catch a bus from the terminal del Norte - Autobuses Teotihuacan says there are buses every 15mins from 6AM to 10PM, 365 days a year... Fare is MXN52

Search this Thread