Search

Question regarding Playa/Riviera Maya/Puerto Morelos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Question regarding Playa/Riviera Maya/Puerto Morelos

Hey all,

I am in the process of booking an all-inclusive for my wife, baby, and I in 2nd week of April. This will be our babies first international trip. I have found numerous great hotels around Puerto Morelos area, such as Now Jade, Azul, Royalton, etc. All reviews that I read keep talking about that there is a kelp/seaweed problem. Apparently, it got to a point that people could not swim. We are definitely beach people over pool. Is this a real problem or over exaggeration by tourists?

Lastly, besides the hotels I've named, any other recommendations for all-inclusive, preferably not on a busy strip but more on the outskirts.

Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:08 pm

All inclusives

I stayed two times in Playa del Carmen in Barceló Maya beach and I have nothing but amazing things to say about it. From the rooms to the service. I was planning on visiting other AI to see them and find out a better one but i didn't want to. I just left the resort when I was doing an outside activity like visiting tulum or going to Isla mujeres. They even have a bunch of activities indoors (or offered by the resort) that include water bikes, jetskies, swiming with dolphins (they have the tank inside the resort area), snorkeling and diving, a theatre, pool activities. Even your child will have a blast.

​​​​​​Maybe I just liked it way to much and have little experience with other but I would definitely give it a try.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by mauro.roher
I stayed two times in Playa del Carmen in Barceló Maya beach and I have nothing but amazing things to say about it. From the rooms to the service. I was planning on visiting other AI to see them and find out a better one but i didn't want to. I just left the resort when I was doing an outside activity like visiting tulum or going to Isla mujeres. They even have a bunch of activities indoors (or offered by the resort) that include water bikes, jetskies, swiming with dolphins (they have the tank inside the resort area), snorkeling and diving, a theatre, pool activities. Even your child will have a blast.

​​​​​​Maybe I just liked it way to much and have little experience with other but I would definitely give it a try.
any specific hotels?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:34 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Stayed at the new Ventus El Cid in Puerto Morelos last month. Beautiful property and did not see any significant seaweed.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by TravelDoorsOut
any specific hotels?
Originally Posted by mauro.roher

Originally Posted by rje
Stayed at the new Ventus El Cid in Puerto Morelos last month. Beautiful property and did not see any significant seaweed.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: All of the above
We just returned from Grand Velas Riviera Nyarit in Nuevo Vallarta. 6 adults ,a 2 1/2 yr old and a 7 month old and absolutely loved it. They have a sister property in Playa del Carmen called GrandVelas Riviera Maya. We have stayed there 2 times. They both have baby concierge services including fresh made baby food,cribs,bottle warmers, baby bathtubs etc. Great AI's with good food,top shelf liquor etc. A bit pricier than the others mentioned but worth it.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:29 pm

I ignored the little baby fact (sorry)

Hello. While I did do a very large comment on the awesomeness of the resort and talk a bit about some kids activities, while going back it crossed my.mind that maybe you were talking about a toddler. And I did everything but comment on that. I apologize haha.

I did get to see a section on the budget where they had a section called the Barcy Club (I did my research cause I didn't quite remember the name and I ended up finding something you might like). Besides that, I read in the activities and services they provided in the reception that they had day care service and nanny service, kids activities... But I didn't know the extent of it until I did my research trying to say the name on the food section right.

This Barcy Club is not only for food. They're probably amazing for every parent. I found this blog on this woman that went there and boy... You should probably read it (it will be better than my inaccurate rambling)

http://www.myorganizedchaos.net/2010...rs-and-a-child
TravelDoorsOut likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.