FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico-480/)
-   -   Cancun CUN Terminal 4 Lounge? (Open March 2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico/1881491-cancun-cun-terminal-4-lounge-open-march-2018-a.html)

celticanvil Dec 6, 2017 7:50 pm

Cancun CUN Terminal 4 Lounge? (Open March 2018)

Was just informed by my airline that a flight I have from CUN in March will be from the new Terminal 4. Other FT'ers have commented that there is a lounge, but it's not open yet.
Does anyone have any intel who's lounge it will be? Would really help the guy in charge of "logistics and passport control" (me!) to be able to pre-plan this.
Thanks!

lewisc Jan 27, 2018 3:00 pm

According to the official airport website T4 is getting a Mera Business Lounge which will open some time in March. If your luck is the same as mine it will open the day after your departure.

Mr. Vker Feb 20, 2018 8:34 pm

We were just there today...signage for it is up, but the lounge doesn't open until next month. This terminal was interesting. New-with lots of places to eat and shop. However...none...ZERO wifi in the terminal or provided by any individual outlet. They expect it will be, but don't know when. Needed to charge a device. Limited options and the plugs fell from the outlets. When I tried to use my phone as a hotspot, I could get phone service-but not data. When I boarded the flight, data worked fine. bizarre. Due, to hotel maintenance, we went to the airport early. Thought I could catch up on some emails before flying home...no such luck. Hopefully, when everything is finally completed.

acker Feb 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Flying SWA so will arrive terminal 4 this Friday March 2nd, fly out March 6th. Will report back.

mstrbldr Mar 9, 2018 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by acker (Post 29466848)
Thanks for the heads up. Flying SWA so will arrive terminal 4 this Friday March 2nd, fly out March 6th. Will report back.

Would love to hear update as I'm heading out of CUN in a couple of days

acker Mar 10, 2018 6:38 am

Bad storms in New England caused our vacation to be extended two extra days. We were at Grand Hyatt Playa, so I was very happy. (I don't get why GH Playa isn't on the top of everyone's list. Awesome property, 20k redemption, fantastic beach and location). So, as of Thursday, March 8th, when we flew home, the lounge wasn't open and no WiFi. Lots of eating choices but forget healthy: Guy Fieri (sp), Starbucks, Johnny Rockets, Wolfgang Puck, various pseudo-Mexican fast food.
Crazy that an airport wouldn't consider WiFi as a must-have for opening day. And even crazier that there are NO outlets near gates. Matter of fact, the only outlets that I found in the entire terminal are in the food court. Outlets are under the tables and there's a few hi-tops with outlets. Overall, not a bad place to spend time waiting. Lots of stores.
Considerable police presence in CUN as well as Playa. Not in a bad way, similar to visiting NYC - lots of police but everyone going about doing their thing. I'd go back tomorrow if I didn't have pesky work.
BTW, we took cab back from GH Playa 700 pesos or $44. Cheaper than one-way USA Transfers service. Taxi can hold 3 passengers plus driver.

danhouston Apr 29, 2018 1:22 am

still no lounge when departed there on 4/25; asked airport personnel there for its expected time frame, got an unsure laugh with a weak answer "next month or may be later this summer"; it's ridiculous that the terminal has been around for almost 6 months, but not a single lounge is presently available...we, 3 travelers that each has own PP membership, were not happy that can't utilize benefits with a high fee that had been paid for in advance

RedSun Jun 1, 2018 8:13 pm

End of May, still nothing. Just a sign. Also, no Wi-Fi.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4d5a60e37e.jpg

bworrell Jun 28, 2018 9:25 am

I'm here on 6/28 and nothing still. I can't even find any signage or anything and walked the length of the terminal just to see.

Google Wifi is working, but it's so slow my T-mobile hotspot was much faster.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the only power outlets I could find are in the food court! How does the cleaning staff even plug anything in? Very strange....

Mr. Vker Jul 12, 2018 7:33 pm

I was through on July 8...not much after bworrell. No lounge and signage is gone. Poor wifi. Very few outlets. Otherwise nice food outlets etc.

Bethke Mar 26, 2019 12:51 pm

Still no sighting of any lounges in Terminal 4 as of 3/18/2019.

Orange County Commuter Apr 16, 2019 1:21 pm

FYI. I read on someplace (probably TripAdvisor) that the lounge in terminal 4 is now open. (no guarantees my information is accurate)

acker Apr 17, 2019 4:20 am

I'm back in CUN next Friday. Will investigate.

JDiver Apr 17, 2019 9:11 pm

I’m seeing

Unfortunately the service of the MERA Business Lounge in Terminal 4 is not available
Please don't make a reservation if you depart from T4 |

Link

bds123123 Apr 19, 2019 8:05 am

My Priority Pass app says that the Mera Lounge in Terminal 4 is available. Can anyone verify?