Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Arrival into MTY (Monterrey, México)

Old Aug 1, 17, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy

I'll be arriving on a future United flight and meeting up with someone arriving on another United flight 2 hours later.

Will I be free to remain in the secure area of the airport terminal until I choose to clear customs and immigration?

Once clearing customs and immigration, will I be allowed to re-enter (or remain in) the terminal whether arrivals or departure area? I'm not flying out till 2 days later.
Old Aug 1, 17, 12:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
As this is an airport / local rules issue, will move this to the Mexico / Monterrey forum, where there should be more local knowledge.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Aug 1, 17, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe you will immediately clear immigration, similar to arriving at a US airport on an international flight. I've not done it at MTY but every other international arrival in Mexico has been that way.

Once cleared you'll be outside security and won't get back air side. Decent chance there is an indoor area where you can wait outside security, though.
Old Aug 1, 17, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, WineCountry!
Old Aug 16, 17, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Just completed my trip and, yes, arriving passengers are immediately funneled through immigration and customs as the secure arrival area is segregated from the secure departure area. There were several businesses in the unsecure area where it was comfortable to wait for a couple of hours.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 18, 17 at 7:46 am Reason: Remove recurving link
Old Aug 18, 17, 7:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B View Post
Just completed my trip and, yes, arriving passengers are immediately funneled through immigration and customs as the secure arrival area is segregated from the secure departure area. There were several businesses in the unsecure area where it was comfortable to wait for a couple of hours.
Thank you for the follow up. It has been years since I was in MTY airport (1950s), so this is an update for me.

Search this Thread