CUN international connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

Does CUN have the belt that MEX does for international to international connecting flights? Or do you have to do a totally new check in?

I have the option of CUN or MEX from PTY to IAH. I know MEX has the belt but the airport is a nightmare. Not that CUN is much better, but if it has the belt it seems better.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
CUN during certain peak times makes MEX seem like a rural airport. (Well, not quite exactly, but you get the point.)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:32 pm

Copa uses a different terminal than all US airlines. Thus, if your travel from PTY to IAH involves a combination of Copa and a second, American carrier, you'll have to change terminals at CUN: No fun, definitely! The same may apply for MEX to, but I don't know for certain.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by KLouis
Copa uses a different terminal than all US airlines. Thus, if your travel from PTY to IAH involves a combination of Copa and a second, American carrier, you'll have to change terminals at CUN: No fun, definitely! The same may apply for MEX to, but I don't know for certain.
The thread for MEX shows there are two terminals there - the original on one side of the field, and a new terminal on the other side, connected by a train. MEX is to be completely redone at some point; AFAIK there are no plans for CUN.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: ::US,UA,CO+ currently non-rev Plat
Originally Posted by KLouis
If you are connecting to a Copa flight (or other airlines in that terminal) you will have to clear immigration and then wait for a bus (or walk a long way) to the other terminal and then check in again.

I missed a CM connection to PTY a few years ago because of the long immigration line and lack of a bus to connect the terminals.

This was 5 years ago so maybe they've changed it for the better but I doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.