Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta & PVR Airport Taxi, Limo, Shuttle, Transfer

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 13, 17, 2:34 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
Puerto Vallarta International Airport
(Aeropuerto Internacional de Puerto Vallarta Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz)

location: PVR Airport is located about 7 km from the city center.

ATMs: Walk straight out of customs and then turn right before you get to the terminal front door (stay inside the building); walk about 50 feet and the ATMs will be on your right.

taxis: As you go towards the terminal exit doors, you will see off to the far left a taxi ticket counter where you can buy a ticket for your taxi ride to your hotel. Tell them which hotel you are going to. Fares are based on a zone system. Note: Fares from the airport are approximately double (due to fees the taxis must pay) what you will pay going to the airport.

airport information: http://www.puertovallarta.net/fast_f...rport_info.php

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 4, 16, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1.5MM)

Can someone please recommend an airport transfer company that they've previously used in PVR?

My parents are traveling to PVR for a wedding. They are older and would prefer not to have the hassle of dealing with the Timeshare "shark tank" and the hassle of dealing with a Taxi.

Is there an airport transfer service that is recommended? I've found several on the internet, but I'm wondering if they're legit or not.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 4, 16, 6:42 pm
MTC

Programs: Aegean Flying Blue
Upon arrival at PVR, after leaving customs, go straight to the exit ignoring the time share sharks. Don't stop. They did not bother us as we simply looked right through them. (We were there 2 weeks ago.)

As you go towards the exit, you will see several taxi booths where you can buy a ticket for your taxi ride to the hotel. You have to tell them which hotel you are going to. Fares are based on a zone system. For example, the Westin is "just around the corner" and we were charged 210 pesos from the airport. The return journey from the Westin to the airport was only 65 pesos. Reason being the airport is a federal property and taxis are taxed heavily for operating from the the airport.

Enjoy your stay at PVR. Fantastic destination.
Old Feb 5, 16, 8:59 am
MTC

Programs: Aegean Flying Blue
Forgot to mention that I had phoned the hotel to enquire whether they have a shuttle service. I was told they could arrange for pick-up. The cost was the same (210 pesos) but we opted for a taxi.
Old Mar 4, 16, 10:13 am

As a gift, a family member is letting me stay at their empty condo in PVR in Lower Concha Chinas. It'll be our first time in PVR/Mex so won't have any pesos (and I don't think the exchange rate at the airport is ever a good deal) so I wanted to see if the taxis accept credit cards or knew of any transfer services that I can pre-book or if Uber operates in PVR.
Old Mar 7, 16, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by meraki View Post
As a gift, a family member is letting me stay at their empty condo in PVR in Lower Concha Chinas. It'll be our first time in PVR/Mex so won't have any pesos (and I don't think the exchange rate at the airport is ever a good deal) so I wanted to see if the taxis accept credit cards or knew of any transfer services that I can pre-book or if Uber operates in PVR.
For me, it makes more sense to get my peso's before I even get to Mexico. I bank at WellsFargo and they have several local branches with foreign currency. Gave me the best rate possible each of the times I have vacationed in Mx. Just a thought. I recently went when the peso was over 19 per dollar in the market and WF exchanged at 18.675.

I personally would never use a credit card in a taxi. In fact I usually avoid CC use altogether in Mx. No Uber in PV that I am aware of, sorry.
Old Mar 11, 16, 9:49 am

Do you not use your credit card in Mexico for a specific reason or you just don't like to?

I'll have to ask if my bank offers currency exchange. Thanks for the suggestion
Old Apr 21, 16, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American
To avoid the taxi's that sometimes aren't the nicest... I have booked through puertovallartatours.net in the past. It may be a few dollars more but I've found the cars incredibly clean and the drivers super nice and friendly (probably as it correlates to a slightly higher tip). I pay $26 for 2 people to the Zona Romantica. With tip, it will be $30.
Old Apr 28, 16, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I book with http://www.dianastours.com/airport_t...o_vallarta.php

I've used them several times.
Old Apr 29, 16, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
I book with http://www.dianastours.com/airport_t...o_vallarta.php

I've used them several times.
I don't see rates on their site, how much did you pay for the transfer?
Old May 23, 16, 12:41 pm

Any one knows if the ATMs at PVR are located before or after the TimeShare area? I am going next week and probably will need to get some peso to pay for the Taxi ride to the hotel. Thanks!
Old May 31, 16, 4:30 pm

Programs: aa, ua, dl, wn
The ATM's at PVR are located in a a group together outside the shark tank. Take a hard right and head through the terminal about 150 feet, on your right.
Old Jun 3, 16, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by ghuffaker View Post
The ATM's at PVR are located in a a group together outside the shark tank. Take a hard right and head through the terminal about 150 feet, on your right.
Ah too late but thanks.. already back! I didn't see any ATM in the baggage area so decided to just use the money exchange booth while waiting in line to exit. It was like 15 peso per $!
Old Aug 31, 16, 3:03 pm

Programs: TK *G, SPG Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR, Avis First
Taxi at PVR / Puerto Vallarta

Hi - looking to get from PVR to Costa Sur (slightly south of Zona Romantica). Do taxis accept US dollars? Any idea of the price? Also, how easy in general is it to hail a cab? Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 16, 12:56 am

Programs: HH Silver
I think that is Zone 2, about $300 Pesos. You buy a ticket at the ticket booth in the airport, and they do take usd's. Some places listing it as Zone 3 though, for that add $60 pesos.
Old Sep 8, 16, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema View Post
I think that is Zone 2, about $300 Pesos. You buy a ticket at the ticket booth in the airport, and they do take usd's. Some places listing it as Zone 3 though, for that add $60 pesos.
I think they expect (want) you to pay in US $. After exiting, there are a few TAXI booths all calling you over. They immediately asked you for the hotel and tell you an amount. I thought it was rather cheap and started counting out my Pesos and then she said oh you are paying in Pesos, it would be (new amount). But I remember the US $ amount was quite a bit higher than the exchange rate for the Pesos amount.

Search this Thread