Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta & PVR Airport Taxi, Limo, Shuttle, Transfer

Puerto Vallarta & PVR Airport Taxi, Limo, Shuttle, Transfer

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 13, 17, 2:34 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
Puerto Vallarta International Airport
(Aeropuerto Internacional de Puerto Vallarta Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz)

location: PVR Airport is located about 7 km from the city center.

ATMs: Walk straight out of customs and then turn right before you get to the terminal front door (stay inside the building); walk about 50 feet and the ATMs will be on your right.

taxis: As you go towards the terminal exit doors, you will see off to the far left a taxi ticket counter where you can buy a ticket for your taxi ride to your hotel. Tell them which hotel you are going to. Fares are based on a zone system. Note: Fares from the airport are approximately double (due to fees the taxis must pay) what you will pay going to the airport.

airport information: http://www.puertovallarta.net/fast_f...rport_info.php

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 26, 18, 6:55 pm

Programs: BonVoy Pt, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
There is a new arrival hall which came into use after February 2017 and before my last arrival on May 1. Nicer with easier to find restrooms after those long flights. Almost all the advice above still holds. The taxi counter is easier to see, just outside the shark tank. You exit the airport twelfth a bit further away from the road and the bus stop.
Not sure if this is the location Doc Savage is talking about above or another move, but the taxi counter has changed since we were last here at the very end of April 2017. Previously it was to the left of the doors when exiting the shark tank but is now more of to the right, between the exterior doors and facing the ATM bank.

Counter girl quoted price in USD first, then something in the $350+ peso range for the Marriott Casa Magna. 'Uh, Marriott Casa Magna in Zone 1A?' 'Oh, sorry. My mistake. $240.'
Old Apr 27, 18, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
Do you not use your credit card in Mexico for a specific reason or you just don't like to?
Not OP but when I went a few years ago I got the feeling that cards generally weren't used all that much (even by tourists at tourist establishments) and didn't really want to stand out. It looked like maybe ~50% of places accepted them, however, and it's very possible things are different in 2018.

Originally Posted by meraki View Post
As a gift, a family member is letting me stay at their empty condo in PVR in Lower Concha Chinas. It'll be our first time in PVR/Mex so won't have any pesos (and I don't think the exchange rate at the airport is ever a good deal) so I wanted to see if the taxis accept credit cards or knew of any transfer services that I can pre-book or if Uber operates in PVR.
IIRC taxis are cash only (or were last time I went, anyway).
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 7, 19, 5:27 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post

Not sure if this is the location Doc Savage is talking about above or another move, but the taxi counter has changed since we were last here at the very end of April 2017. Previously it was to the left of the doors when exiting the shark tank but is now more of to the right, between the exterior doors and facing the ATM bank.

Counter girl quoted price in USD first, then something in the $350+ peso range for the Marriott Casa Magna. 'Uh, Marriott Casa Magna in Zone 1A?' 'Oh, sorry. My mistake. $240.'
I assume the taxi booth at PVR takes credit cards, right?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: