Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

ADO or other bus booking questions

Old Feb 9, 16, 6:51 am
Original Poster

1) I don't really speak Spanish but can get by. The ADO bus website is only in Spanish. I could TRY to navigate it (using an online translator) and buy some tickets for travel next week, but I was just wondering if it was that simple, or if they need some specific info (like a mobile phone # to which they send passwords) etc.? I just fill in the name, credit card details and voilą?

2) I prefer to have the tickets before I travel so that way I don't have to worry about not getting a seat the day of. The alternative is an agency who can process these tickets for me. Any ideas? Or any other bus website in English?

3) Also, I am landing around 11PM in Tuxtla Gutierrez on a weeknight. Is it safe to take a taxi at that time of night to the bus station and take the 1AM ADO bus to San Cristobal?

Last edited by gq_dq; Feb 9, 16 at 8:24 am
Old Feb 9, 16, 9:30 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
ADO English website

try this:

http://www.adogl.com.mx/en/services.php
Old Feb 12, 16, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Anyone been able to get a US cc to work on their site? I've tried three.
Old Feb 20, 16, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The ADO web site does not accept non Mexican cards. With other bus companies, it's hit and miss.
It is rarely necessary to book bus tickets in advance, except on holidays and on the top of the range long distance night buses. The easiest way to do so, if you are already in Mexico, is to book online and then select the option to pay for and collect your tickets at an Oxxo convenience store. There are probably other similar options, but that's what I have done.
Old Feb 22, 16, 7:27 am

Programs: AM, UA, AA
Have you tried Reserbus?
They take PayPal

Search this Thread