FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico-480/)
-   -   PVR - SIM card, etc (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico/1738668-pvr-sim-card-etc.html)

MTC Jan 13, 2016 7:51 am

PVR - SIM card, etc

Going to Puerto Vallarta next week and would appreciate some assistance from savvy FT's. We would like to know where to buy a SIM card. Any recommendations for reliable transportation airport-hotel-airport?
Muchas gracias!!:)

Adam1222 Jan 13, 2016 9:17 am

PVR - SIM card, etc

sim card = Oxxo (like 7-11)
airport transportation = taxi unless you have some special situation

MTC Jan 14, 2016 11:05 am

Thanks Adam, Grateful for your help.:)

chuckkD Feb 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Hey not sure if applies to you, but perhaps useful to others that stumble into this thread - IF you have Verizon Wireless in US, you can add "TravelPass" to your plan when travelling to Mexico and use your existing plan, minutes, data, etc with only a $2/line per day fee. Can make calls to US and Mexico without using anything more than your normal plan minutes.

tatterdema Feb 25, 2016 1:21 am

Originally Posted by chuckkD (Post 26226999)
Hey not sure if applies to you, but perhaps useful to others that stumble into this thread - IF you have Verizon Wireless in US, you can add "TravelPass" to your plan when travelling to Mexico and use your existing plan, minutes, data, etc with only a $2/line per day fee. Can make calls to US and Mexico without using anything more than your normal plan minutes.

I just used this a couple weeks ago, and it worked like a charm. Every day at the same time I would get a text from them telling me a new day was about to begin. Stayed 10 days, $18 total billed. Priceless for not having to worry about how much I was racking up in charges while using my phone to find restaurants, stores, etc. It also automatically knew where I was calling from or something, and I did not have to enter any additional digits before calling numbers in my contact list. Just used my phone like normal, and all calls went through.

chuckkD Mar 4, 2016 10:32 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema (Post 26240594)
I just used this a couple weeks ago, and it worked like a charm. Every day at the same time I would get a text from them telling me a new day was about to begin. Stayed 10 days, $18 total billed. Priceless for not having to worry about how much I was racking up in charges while using my phone to find restaurants, stores, etc. It also automatically knew where I was calling from or something, and I did not have to enter any additional digits before calling numbers in my contact list. Just used my phone like normal, and all calls went through.

That's great! I'm glad to hear some feedback from someone that has used the service and can vouch for it. Much appreciated!