Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Flights to Cancun with reward points

Old Oct 31, 15, 9:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyone know the best ways to cash in reward points to book a flight from ORD to CUN? I tried Southwest but it's not a good value, they're trying to charge $600 for the flight. American Airlines milesaver awards are a joke. ORD to JFK to CUN.

Any other ideas?
Old Oct 31, 15, 11:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
MileSAAver awards can be a bit circuitous, but one can always get the routing one wants with an AA AAnytime award.
Old Oct 31, 15, 2:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
MileSAAver awards can be a bit circuitous, but one can always get the routing one wants with an AA AAnytime award.
Yea I took a look at that. 55k roundtrip though for an economy ticket. Seems a bit rich.
Old Nov 1, 15, 1:29 am

Programs: HH Silver
Southwest is a pretty good deal from what I see. I assume you are using MDW, as I don't see that WN fly's out of ORD. As low as 12,000 points R/T from MDW. I guess it all depends on when you want to go.

Again, depending on date, AA has it for 35,000 non stop, with a ton of availability.
Old Nov 1, 15, 2:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tatterdema View Post
Southwest is a pretty good deal from what I see. I assume you are using MDW, as I don't see that WN fly's out of ORD. As low as 12,000 points R/T from MDW. I guess it all depends on when you want to go.

Again, depending on date, AA has it for 35,000 non stop, with a ton of availability.
Dates would be Jan 14-17

And now I realize why I'm having problems. Martin Luther King Day on Jan 18.. I'm sure that's causing airfare to be jacked.
Old Nov 1, 15, 5:13 pm

Too bad you cant leave a day earlier. Then it is the normal 35,000 R/T on AA.
Old Nov 2, 15, 1:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tatterdema View Post
Too bad you cant leave a day earlier. Then it is the normal 35,000 R/T on AA.
Wish I could.. I'm pretty much maxed out of my days off for 2016. My boss would probably lose it if I asked for 1 more day.
Old Nov 2, 15, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Wish I could.. I'm pretty much maxed out of my days off for 2016. My boss would probably lose it if I asked for 1 more day.
Lol, Been there. I often have to do the math and figure out if it is worth losing an extra day of work for a cheaper flight. Good luck.
Old Nov 14, 15, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Plat, AA Plat, United Sil, Delta, Hertz PC, National ExecEl
I don't know if this helps since you are in ORD, but I have a trip coming up from JFK to CUN I booked using BA Avios - 20k and ~$75 roundtrip per person.
Old Nov 14, 15, 1:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiverDriver View Post
I don't know if this helps since you are in ORD, but I have a trip coming up from JFK to CUN I booked using BA Avios - 20k and ~$75 roundtrip per person.
I'll check it out, thanks for suggestion

Search this Thread