Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Best All-Inclusive near Puerto Vallarta?

Old May 1, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

My wife and I want to try out an all-inclusive hotel next April and have never stayed at one before. I'm not sure I trust Tripadvisor reviews so want to hear from others who may be more helpful. We also don't drink alcohol. Thanks for any input.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:28 am

We stayed at Casa Velas for our wedding anniversary a few years ago. It is located 5 min from the airport near the marina so you will need to take a taxi into town. Amazing service, food, and accommodations. It is not located beachfront but there is a private van that is available to take you to the beach club that is literally 2 minutes away. The beach in that area isn't the greatest if you are looking to spend alot of time in the sand/ocean. However, the views and again, service are incredible.
Old May 9, 2018, 5:59 am

I live part time in PVR and when I hear people gravitating towards all-inclusive spots
I cringe. You're basically paying extra to have all your food and drink (you don't drink) covered.
What you get are food options that, if they had to make it on their own, absolutely couldn't.
They'd go out of business because you wouldn't pay independently for the quality and experience
you get. Think about that for a minute. You'll only be eating there because it's convenient and
prepaid for. Second problem is you become married to the property and see a lot of that and so much
less of the city you are visiting. It's a great strategy for the resort if they can sell it since you
spend all your spare time and pesos with them instead of spreading it around while exploring the
city. Almost all resorts have gone all-inclusive here. Buffet quality food and cheap booze rules.

Now that the anti-all inclusive rant is out of the way, will say that there are plenty to choose from and
they are very similar in what you get so your location should be a priority. The Los Muertos area is
popular and if you like being right in the middle of things then that's a good choice. If you like it a bit
quieter, try a bit south of there. It's more tranquil and a costs a bit more. North in Nuevo Vallarta you
get more of a California feel. Places are spread out there. This is north of the airport - the city center
is south so from Nuevo it will take a 30 minute or so taxi ride to visit the malecon and other spots downtown.

I would prioritize your location over reviews of food when selecting. The food will be similar to a cruise ship
in quanity and quality so no point using that as a determining factor. Make sure you're where you want to be
location-wise and that the beach area is well thought of and easily accessible.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: All of the above
Try Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta. We have been 12 times most recently this past March.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: HH Silver
^ What Frank said. Especially if you do not drink. If you absolutely HAVE to do an AI, check out Hyatt Ziva.
PHX_Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by flylinda
Try Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta. We have been 12 times most recently this past March.
Any recent perspective on Grand Velas? I am looking at booking a multi-generational family trip here (personal travel)--grandparents, adults and kids ranging from 7-16. Most of family eats seafood/vegetarian only and has been disappointed with quality and meat-centric menus in prior all-inclusive experiences (including Hyatt in PVR).

Current thoughts on cuisine, service, kids club/teen activities? My sister is pushing for a cruise, as her two young kids have not had great experiences with land-based kids clubs (something a few cruise lines do very well, despite the other shortcomings of a cruise).
Old May 9, 2019, 3:04 pm

Any thoughts from recent stays in 2019 for best options? We are planning a family trip for end of year holidays and looking to lock in reservations early before booked solid.

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Something-ist, Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted by dprocuk
Any thoughts from recent stays in 2019 for best options? We are planning a family trip for end of year holidays and looking to lock in reservations early before booked solid.

Thanks!
Hyatt Ziva is my favorite and the location is great.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by PHX_Flyer
Hyatt Ziva is my favorite and the location is great.
Are there bus stops nearby that can get you to town?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Something-ist, Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted by bocung
Are there bus stops nearby that can get you to town?
I believe there is a bus stop just outside the entrance on the main road. Been a few years, but last time I took the bus it was about .65˘. Taxis are very cheap... just a couple dollars to the zona romantica.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.