Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

two one way tickets / different airlines OK for entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold

Looking at possibly purchasing(redeeming miles) on two different airlines. Does anyone have any expierence doing this? Any thing i should be worried about with immigration either in mexico or the usa?
Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
On AA all awards are one way; some have them on the same PNR, others don't. Different airlines makeno difference. The second award should provide sufficient proof you're going to depart within the six months allotted. But:

I've been asked (by immigration) how long I'm planning to stay, but in well over half a century of travelling to Mexico I've never been asked to show proof of onward travel. And I've flown commercial one way and private, rail, bus or drivjng the other.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 7, 2014 at 9:06 pm
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Years ago.... I had a OW into Mexico on AA. I called to make a change and the agent gave me a hard time because I did not have a return. I explained we were flying private back and that seemed to calm her concerns.

I have read stories that at departure check-in sometimes US airline agents will give a passenger a hard time because they do not have a return. But I have not seen any recent stories about this. And since my incident years ago I have flown dozens of times on a OW into Mexico with never a blink.

Since you will have a return, just on another airline, print out a copy of that return... if they give you any question...that will be proof enough of your intent to return to the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.