Reload this Page >

CUN / Cancun International Airport Lounges - info and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisny2
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

Link to CUN / Cancún International Airport lounges page.

The VIP LOUNGES are independent from the airport for more information

Contact Information
Phone: +52 998 848-0335 (Cancun, Mexico)
Email: [email protected]

Code:
CUN Vip Lounge

TERMINAL #3 -
 "The VIP Lounge" Business Lounge - Terminal 3 $29.00 DOES NOT ACCEPT PRIORITY PASS - Airside - after Security, exit Duty Free
 and turn right towards the 'Bubba Gump' restaurant. Turn right
 to the end of the hall where a sign indicates the Lounge entrance.
 The Lounge is only accessible to passengers departing on
 international flights. (Priority Pass and Diners Club Lounge; pay lounge*.
 Not affiliated with any airline nor American Express.) The lounge currently
 accepts admission through LoungeBuddy (which may be helpful if you
 ave LoungeBuddy credits on one of your credit cards.)

TERMINAL 4- Two Lounges
 **** The Lounge - Terminal 4 lower level, Priority Pass accepted
 ****The VIP Lounge - Terminal 4 lower level, $29.00 per person, no memberships accepted

TERMINAL 2 - One Lounge
 MERA Business Lounge - Terminal 2 Airside - after Security, (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
 take the escalators on the right hand side towards Gate A.
 The Lounge is located behind the escalators. Scheduled flight
 departures only. (Priority Pass and Diners Club Lounge; pay lounge*.
 Not affiliated with any airline nor American Express.)
 Link to YouTube video
 Link to MERA VIP Lounge Facebook page.)

Opening Hours: 08:00 - 21:00 daily.
 Conditions: Children under 12 years are admitted free and must be
 accompanied by an adult.
 Additional Information: Telephone access, fax and conference
 facilities are all subject to payment.

Lounge Facilities:
  • Code:
    Air Conditioning
    • Code:
      Conference Facilities Available
      • Code:
        Screens with flight and boarding info
        • Code:
          TV Screens with news and sports channels
          • Code:
            Ulimited Internet Access
            • Code:
              WiFi Available
              • Code:
                Local Telephone calls
                • Code:
                  FAX
                  • Code:
                    Open Bar
                    • Code:
                      Coffees, tea, soft drinks and juices
                      • Code:
                        Canapes
                        • Code:
                          Magazines and Newspapers
                          • Code:
                            Disabled Access**
                            • Code:
                              Kids area
                              • Code:
                                Children under 12 enter free
                                • Code:
                                  Massage chairs
                                  • Code:
                                    Bathrooms

Code:
* another member states USD $33 is the cost per person
 (a bit less if paid in Mexican pesos) - see following post

** Note "Disabled Access" is subject to interpretation in many places
Aeroméxico has a Salón Premier for their Business passengers and elites:
Salón Premier Cancún
Located airside on the second floor of Terminal 2
Hours: 05:00 - 02:00 hrs

Diners Club card admits to MERA 2 and 3 lounges, and Salón Premier

Priority Pass admits to Terminal 4 lounge.

American Express offers no member lounge access in CUN, other than Priority Pass cardholders

Print Wikipost

CUN / Cancun International Airport Lounges - info and reviews

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I'm in Cancun and will be leaving on Thursday. I noticed there's two NEW lounges listed on the priority pass app for Cancun. It's called "The Lounge". It's located in Terminals 2 and 4, airside.

Appears to be the old Mera Lounges, with new ownership.

I'll confirm this on Thursday when I arrive to the Terminal 4 location.
Old May 10, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm in Cancun and will be leaving on Thursday. I noticed there's two NEW lounges listed on the priority pass app for Cancun. It's called "The Lounge". It's located in Terminals 2 and 4, airside.

American, United, and Delta fly out of T3 and there is no priority pass lounge unless you leave security and go to the adjacent terminal
Old May 10, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist

American, United, and Delta fly out of T3 and there is no priority pass lounge unless you leave security and go to the adjacent terminal
Old May 10, 2021, 9:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by AAdamE
Then fly AEROMEXICO! 😁
esledo and RFNJ like this.
Old May 14, 2021, 1:18 pm

I was in Terminal 4 yesterday. Two lounges airside. They're the original Mera Lounges. The large Business lounge is called the VIP Lounge and does not accept priority pass, $29. I believe it is the same as the lounge in Terminal 3.

The other lounge "The Lounge" is the smaller lounge and since it's the only priority pass lounge in Terminal 4, it was swarming with people. The other lounge was crowded too, but nothing like the smaller one. It was very uncomfortable to sit in there and eat/drink with no social distancing and nobody wearing masks and hot and stuffy. So, I got two ham sandwiches and a beer and left ASAP.

They had tacos, sandwiches, salad plates and some other stuff that I couldn't quite see, but they do have a variety of beers and a bar for liquor. But if it's crowded like that it's best to buy some food at a restaurant and find a place to eat it. Or find a restaurant that's not so crowded. I would do exactly that next time if it's crowded like that.

The entire terminal was very crowded too. Maybe it's different other days of the week or other times if the day. I was there about 4pm Thursday.
Old May 14, 2021, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Thanks for the update. I’m departing on JetBlue in a few months and I understand that is T4, so maybe I’m in luck
Old May 14, 2021, 2:38 pm

I was in Terminal 4 yesterday. Two lounges airside. They're the original Mera Lounges. The large Business lounge is called the VIP Lounge and does not accept priority pass, $29. I believe it is the same as the lounge in Terminal 3.

The other lounge "The Lounge" is the smaller lounge and since it's the only priority pass lounge in Terminal 4, it was swarming with people. The other lounge was crowded too, but nothing like the smaller one. It was very uncomfortable to sit in there and eat/drink with no social distancing and nobody wearing masks and hot and stuffy. So, I got two ham sandwiches and a beer and left ASAP.

They had tacos, sandwiches, salad plates and some other stuff that I couldn't quite see, but they do have a variety of beers and a bar for liquor. But if it's crowded like that it's best to buy some food at a restaurant and find a place to eat it. Or find a restaurant that's not so crowded. I would do exactly that next time if it's crowded like that.

The entire terminal was very crowded too. Maybe it's different other days of the week or other times if the day. I was there about 4pm Thursday.
The Mera lounge in T3 did not appear open at all. In addition to not being an option in the PP app.
Old May 14, 2021, 4:25 pm

The Mera lounge in T3 did not appear open at all. In addition to not being an option in the PP app.
Supposedly, there's a lounge called VIP Lounge in Terminal 3 that charges $29, I read online. Unless the person got the terminals mixed up. But, for sure there are two separate lounges in terminal 4, but only one with lounge buddy or priority pass, I was told. You're not missing anything if its crowded. They don't have any major foods like the business lounge next to it had the last time I was there. They had a least food on a plate.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I departed out of T3 yesterday. There is a sign that says "VIP Salon Lounge" but its still the original Mera lounge that has always been there.

They no longer take PP, charge $29 pp, but looking in (as best I could) there as almost nobody there at all and I literally never saw anyone go to the lounge during our wait in the terminal.

Will be interesting to see how long they can survive without running back into the arms PP...

Regards
Old May 15, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; NEXUS
Where in T3 is this lounge ?? My husband & I are in & out of T3 2 or 3 times a year (just flew home from T3 on May 3rd) & we've never noticed a lounge. Of course, we weren't actually looking for one either....
Old May 15, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Will be interesting to see how long they can survive without running back into the arms PP...

Regards
I get it, CUN is a leisure heavy route, and folks with PP and guests were likely filling the lounge to the brim while also providing less revenue than walk up and pay guests, but I just don't see that working out long term. If people FREAK out over paying $30 for a seat or checked bag on a 4 hour flight, they're certainly not going to drop $30 for 45m in a lounge.
Old May 15, 2021, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by jmrp
Where in T3 is this lounge ?? My husband & I are in & out of T3 2 or 3 times a year (just flew home from T3 on May 3rd) & we've never noticed a lounge. Of course, we weren't actually looking for one either....
I could be wrong but it looked like you needed to go through a door to a corridor that had a rope in front of it, and my app said there was no lounge so I gave up. I really hope they sort it out with PP, because the transportation companies want to drop you off at the airport like 4 hours before your departure and the food and beverage is the biggest gouge I've ever seen.
Old May 15, 2021, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jmrp
The lounge is in the same location where the original Mera Lounge was. Below, is the directions that were posted in the wiki: (this is previous information on the OLD lounge)

MERA Business Lounge - Terminal 3 Airside - after Security, exit Duty Free
Old May 15, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I get it, CUN is a leisure heavy route, and folks with PP and guests were likely filling the lounge to the brim while also providing less revenue than walk up and pay guests, but I just don't see that working out long term. If people FREAK out over paying $30 for a seat or checked bag on a 4 hour flight, they're certainly not going to drop $30 for 45m in a lounge.
Agreed that walk ups are higher margin, but keeping 50% of some revenue is better than keeping 100% of no revenue. Last time we were there we entered via PP. It was pretty horrible and we would never pay for it. Now, if they substantially upped the quality level of food/beverage and kept it less crowed I actually would consider paying for access. But if food/beverage is the same as under PP, then no way.

And completely agree that few will pay for it. Priority Pass is a cruel mistress for these lounges. It generally results in a horrible experience for almost everyone involved, but also provides revenue they may not get going it alone. In some ways, I've come to hate Priority Pass (even though I use it). It just creates a horrible to marginal experience due to crowding. My wife and I are the type that absolutely would pay for a premium experience, but key on the premium and it seems most lounges that pull out of PP seem to hope to deliver the same marginal experience but reap all the profit of walk-up payments.

All that said, I just don't see how this CUN Mera lounge survives without the onslaught of PP cardholders looking to bring their families of ten into the lounge, trying to drink as many Tecates as possible in 45 minutes before heading to the gate...

Regards
Old May 15, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; NEXUS
The lounge is in the same location where the original Mera Lounge was. Below, is the directions that were posted in the wiki: (this is previous information on the OLD lounge)

MERA Business Lounge - Terminal 3 Airside - after Security, exit Duty Free
Ohhhhhh, ok, thanks, got it now !! Down that awful, tight, cramped, hot hallway past that little spa where the fish chew on your feet. :-)

Now I know why I haven't noticed it before, way down at the end of that hallway. Since the new longer hallway opened up w/ new gates (turning left past the food court), our flights usually leave from down there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.