Reload this Page >

CUN / Cancun International Airport Lounges - info and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisny2
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

Link to CUN / Cancún International Airport lounges page.

The VIP LOUNGES are independent from the airport for more information

Contact Information
Phone: +52 998 848-0335 (Cancun, Mexico)
Email: [email protected]

Code:
CUN Vip Lounge

TERMINAL #3 -
 "The VIP Lounge" Business Lounge - Terminal 3 $29.00 DOES NOT ACCEPT PRIORITY PASS - Airside - after Security, exit Duty Free
 and turn right towards the 'Bubba Gump' restaurant. Turn right
 to the end of the hall where a sign indicates the Lounge entrance.
 The Lounge is only accessible to passengers departing on
 international flights. (Priority Pass and Diners Club Lounge; pay lounge*.
 Not affiliated with any airline nor American Express.) The lounge currently
 accepts admission through LoungeBuddy (which may be helpful if you
 ave LoungeBuddy credits on one of your credit cards.)

TERMINAL 4- Two Lounges
 **** The Lounge - Terminal 4 lower level, Priority Pass accepted
 ****The VIP Lounge - Terminal 4 lower level, $29.00 per person, no memberships accepted

TERMINAL 2 - One Lounge
 MERA Business Lounge - Terminal 2 Airside - after Security, (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
 take the escalators on the right hand side towards Gate A.
 The Lounge is located behind the escalators. Scheduled flight
 departures only. (Priority Pass and Diners Club Lounge; pay lounge*.
 Not affiliated with any airline nor American Express.)
 Link to YouTube video
 Link to MERA VIP Lounge Facebook page.)

Opening Hours: 08:00 - 21:00 daily.
 Conditions: Children under 12 years are admitted free and must be
 accompanied by an adult.
 Additional Information: Telephone access, fax and conference
 facilities are all subject to payment.

Lounge Facilities:
  • Code:
    Air Conditioning
    • Code:
      Conference Facilities Available
      • Code:
        Screens with flight and boarding info
        • Code:
          TV Screens with news and sports channels
          • Code:
            Ulimited Internet Access
            • Code:
              WiFi Available
              • Code:
                Local Telephone calls
                • Code:
                  FAX
                  • Code:
                    Open Bar
                    • Code:
                      Coffees, tea, soft drinks and juices
                      • Code:
                        Canapes
                        • Code:
                          Magazines and Newspapers
                          • Code:
                            Disabled Access**
                            • Code:
                              Kids area
                              • Code:
                                Children under 12 enter free
                                • Code:
                                  Massage chairs
                                  • Code:
                                    Bathrooms

Code:
* another member states USD $33 is the cost per person
 (a bit less if paid in Mexican pesos) - see following post

** Note "Disabled Access" is subject to interpretation in many places
Aeroméxico has a Salón Premier for their Business passengers and elites:
Salón Premier Cancún
Located airside on the second floor of Terminal 2
Hours: 05:00 - 02:00 hrs

Diners Club card admits to MERA 2 and 3 lounges, and Salón Premier

Priority Pass admits to Terminal 4 lounge.

American Express offers no member lounge access in CUN, other than Priority Pass cardholders

Print Wikipost

CUN / Cancun International Airport Lounges - info and reviews

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Does anyone know the current status of PP access to the MERA lounge in terminal 3?

I know many lounges stop accepting PP admission during busy times, and it appears this is one of them, but it's not 100% clear what they consider busy times. The PP website suggests that it might be 16:30-19:30, but I've also seen some reports that it might be earlier -- though those reports might also be referring to the T2 lounge.

Does anyone have any recent data points? I'm hoping to use the lounge before a 13:00 flight.
I was there this past friday for a 9:40am flight. The lounge was about half full, but its not the biggest lounge either. But there were plenty of seating around the airport as well. Only great thing about the lounge is the free wifi. Food was just ok, but better than any admirals club or united club in the US.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:41 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Does anyone know the current status of PP access to the MERA lounge in terminal 3?

I know many lounges stop accepting PP admission during busy times, and it appears this is one of them, but it's not 100% clear what they consider busy times. The PP website suggests that it might be 16:30-19:30, but I've also seen some reports that it might be earlier -- though those reports might also be referring to the T2 lounge.

Does anyone have any recent data points? I'm hoping to use the lounge before a 13:00 flight.
To answer my own question: had no problem getting into the lounge using PP, including at least one guest per PP card, at around 11:00am on a Sunday. The lounge was very crowded though, with only a handful of seats remaining -- we saw some people enter and then leave due to crowding while we were there.

Good selection of drinks available, including sparkling wine and spirits, though nothing terribly high in quality (unsurprisingly). Tried a margarita and it was really pretty poor. Food spread was okay but nothing exciting. Overall if you are looking for serious food or drink you're probably better off staying in the terminal, but if you are looking for a seat (hopefully) and decent wifi, this lounge does the trick.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Very annoyed to find after the fact that Copa simply has no lounge affiliation at Terminal 2. Had I known, I would have spent an extra 30 mins at the beach instead of sitting in front of the gate.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:27 pm

# of Guests?

To answer my own question: had no problem getting into the lounge using PP, including at least one guest per PP card, at around 11:00am on a Sunday. The lounge was very crowded though, with only a handful of seats remaining -- we saw some people enter and then leave due to crowding while we were there.

Good selection of drinks available, including sparkling wine and spirits, though nothing terribly high in quality (unsurprisingly). Tried a margarita and it was really pretty poor. Food spread was okay but nothing exciting. Overall if you are looking for serious food or drink you're probably better off staying in the terminal, but if you are looking for a seat (hopefully) and decent wifi, this lounge does the trick.

So I have PP through CSR. Can I bring 3 guests in with me (my family) to the MERA club using the PP?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by FatB
So I have PP through CSR. Can I bring 3 guests in with me (my family) to the MERA club using the PP?
I brought 5. But you may not find chairs for everyone.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:33 pm

Does anyone know if the Priority Pass lounge is open yet? When I was there in early February 2018 it was closed for construction.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by clyn6d
Does anyone know if the Priority Pass lounge is open yet? When I was there in early February 2018 it was closed for construction.
Yes, we were there two weeks ago and it was open (at least the one in the same terminal as Delta).
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by FatB
They charged me the $27 for my third guest, which was my 12 yo sone.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:26 pm

Now I just heard that Southwest moved to the new terminal 4, and that there is no Priority Pass access in Terminal 4. What a bummer!!
Old May 2, 2019, 1:04 pm

There is A Priority Pass Lounge @ Terminal 4 Now

Opened a month or so ago, decent. Hasn't been discovered/trashed yet. Mums the word
Great for us SWA fliers
clyn6d likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:30 pm

Wow! Thank you for letting me know, I really appreciate that!! I actually flew out of there a few weeks ago (April 10th) but didn't think to look to see if anything had changed. I will be flying out of there next February on Southwest so this is great news, thank you again for taking the time to share that!!
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:25 am

Lounge for me at CUN

Hi guys,
flying out with turkish in business. I have Amex Platinum and priority pass.
which is best lounge option for good breakfast?
thanks
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
can't tell you - most of us fly back to the states at the end of the day (if possible) to maximize beach time

however I can say that the VIP lounge (UA departures, and I think most of US airlines) was vastly improved when we visited last month. There was a 30min wait list as we arrived at a peak departure time (Saturday afternoon after NYE) but this kept the lounge from being overcrowded. The food has vastly improved - there were sandwiches, sushi, cooked noodles, etc. - maybe a cut below your average UA, AA, DL lounge. There were canned soft drinks and a mediocre selection of beers, wines and booze. The staff will gladly refill your portable water bottle from other purified water containers.

In sum I would not pay to enter this lounge, but it is a great PP option if you arrive early (as most of us do) for your international flights.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
can't tell you - most of us fly back to the states at the end of the day (if possible) to maximize beach time

however I can say that the VIP lounge (UA departures, and I think most of US airlines) was vastly improved when we visited last month. There was a 30min wait list as we arrived at a peak departure time (Saturday afternoon after NYE) but this kept the lounge from being overcrowded. The food has vastly improved - there were sandwiches, sushi, cooked noodles, etc. - maybe a cut below your average UA, AA, DL lounge. There were canned soft drinks and a mediocre selection of beers, wines and booze. The staff will gladly refill your portable water bottle from other purified water containers.

In sum I would not pay to enter this lounge, but it is a great PP option if you arrive early (as most of us do) for your international flights.
Thanks! Well i dont know anything about US lounges, i am from Europe...
the lounge you are referring to- what is it called? I have PP and fly from T4
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the lounge upon landing, I'm going to be waiting for friends to arrive on a flight that gets in 3 hours after me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.