Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Mayakoba AI option vs $100 F&B daily credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Cool Fairmont Mayakoba AI option vs $100 F&B daily credit

Hello everyone,

I am staying at Fairmont Mayakoba in Nov for 6 nights with my husband and 1 year old. I'm wondering if the AI option is worth it? It's $429 per night. I currently have booked the non AI option with a daily food and beverage credit of $100. If I go with the AI option, it's about $800 more to my total hotel bill.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
I think it depends on your travel style. If you plan to eat three meals per day at the hotel and will be drinking cocktails it might be worth it. Some people prefer the AI option simply because they don't want to have to think about what things cost while they're on vacation. Whichever option you choose, have a great trip!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
FYI, the Mayakoba has been offering, off and on, a pretty good rate $199/night plus a $100 food and beverage credit. (They are also offering the $429/night all-incusive). It is being advertised as a 72 hour sale or a weekend sale, but it goes away and then comes back a short while later. It is currently available.

It sounds like this would be ($429-199) x 6 + 14% = $1,573 cheaper than the all-inclusive. Since you said the all-inclusive is $800 more than what you are currently paying, that suggests this would save you $700 relative to what you currently have. The $199 rate is nonrefundable though.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:41 am

Another option if to book your stay at Fairmont Mayakoba through a Virtuoso advisor. If you do this, you would be receiving daily breakfast for 2 (probably about a $60-65 value per day), as well as the ugprade and the $100 credit. They will have access to the rates and then you would only have to pay for the lunch and dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.