Wiki Posts
Search

What is going on with MEX fares?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, 1MM
What is going on with MEX fares?

I travel to the DF multiple times per her and I've noticed that since the winter the prices have nearly doubled! Last year at this time I was doing BWI-MEX R/T for $450 on CO. Now fares are $750 and up. two weeks ago, my flight cost over a thousand!

Does anyone know why the incredible increase in fares?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:57 pm

From what I understand, more Americans are travelling to Mexico this year, including myself. I booked through AeroMexico LAX-MEX-CUN and got a reasonably priced ticket. The week after I booked, fares went up around $200. No bargains to be had for now.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
From what I understand, more Americans are travelling to Mexico this year, including myself. I booked through AeroMexico LAX-MEX-CUN and got a reasonably priced ticket. The week after I booked, fares went up around $200. No bargains to be had for now.
They are all over the place. I just got a notification of a big drop in fares from SAN-CUN for $359 round trip. There is also a fare sale from SFO to PVR in the $259 range presently

Edit And actually, I just got a $313 non-stop round trip from LAX to PVR in May on Alaska.

Last edited by DJGMaster1; Mar 31, 2012 at 10:46 pm
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
After Easter the fares should start to drop. Right now they are crazy. We did very well last year booking last minute when flights 3 weeks out were half again as much.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bzbdewd
After Easter the fares should start to drop. Right now they are crazy. We did very well last year booking last minute when flights 3 weeks out were half again as much.
Actually, they are pretty low right now - much lower than they were a couple of weeks ago when this thread was started. As I said, I recently booked a non-stop round trip from LAX to PVR for $313. A couple of weeks ago, the best fares were well above $400.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:09 pm

i think they're expensive everywhere in the Caribbean at least until the middle of the month. could hardly see anything less than $700 out of NYC. finally managed to get a "good" fare to CUN earlier this week traveling in 10 days of ~600 (one way eco, one way biz thought connecting).
i would think they would ease a bit after the spring break week, but oil is probably not helping the airlines.

ialto

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.