Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tijuana To Tuxtla Gutierrez Air/Bus/Train

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Tijuana To Tuxtla Gutierrez Air/Bus/Train

Hi i am looking to leave from tijuana and travel to Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas. I was wondering if anyone has any advice about the different methods of travel in Mexico. I am Limited as far as how much money i have and also the amount of time i can dedicate to travel. Are there companies that are better than another? time of the week that are less expensive?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
There is at least one 'low cost' airline that flies out of Tijuana to Mexico City (or maybe Toluca). Otherwise it's a long haul by bus. There'll be plenty of bus options out of Tijuana but, whatever, you do, you'll have to transfer in Mexico City. The first-class and luxury buses are comfortable enough, but sometimes flying can compare in price.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:33 am

Try to go by air, whatever you do. There are no passenger trains in Mexico any longer (aside from a couple of tourist routes), and going by bus will take a loooong time.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses, i was wondering if you could suggest an airline to use or possibly a website to search for mexican flight information.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
The airline that flies from Tijuana is VivaAerobus I think. Other LCCs within Mexico are Volaris and Interjet. if you book well ahead they sometimes have fares at $1 plus taxes. Both Click-Mexicana and Aeromexico can compete on price, although not LCCs. A quick google will direct you to their respective web sites, since search engines like kayak won't find all the options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.