Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more 20% on F&B...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Angry No more 20% on F&B...

Was refused 2 times today the 20% on food in restaurants (SPG property), one for lunch and another one for dinner today both saying :
"the SPG craving does not exist anymore and Mcraving does not apply to SPG property, this discount is finished".

Any idea?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by frenchft
Was refused 2 times today the 20% on food in restaurants (SPG property), one for lunch and another one for dinner today both saying :
"the SPG craving does not exist anymore and Mcraving does not apply to SPG property, this discount is finished".

Any idea?
According to Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August the Lurkers said:
D7. Will the SPG Cravings discount be available beyond Aug 1? If yes, any chance it might be expanded to include Marriott properties? Hotels that offer SPG Cravings today will be able to continue to do so in the future as well. <added by Starwood Lurker 02May2018>
Maybe post a PM to William with the details, or you might try contacting SPG's Research mailbox.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
According to Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August the Lurkers said:

Maybe post a PM to William with the details, or you might try contacting SPG's Research mailbox.
They applied another discount (summer in UAE) but I'm just curious about this for the future...
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by frenchft
They applied another discount (summer in UAE) but I'm just curious about this for the future...
It's not uncommon for people to make things up "does not exist anymore" when they really don't know the answer. It's much easier to send the customer away than do the research. I would still bring this up with the Lurkers so maybe they can help get the property trained on the new processes.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Lurker answer said that the hotel would be permitted to continue the 20% offer, not that every legacy SPG hotel would necessarily do so. The hotel might have decided to terminate their participation in this promo.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Lurker answer said that the hotel would be permitted to continue the 20% offer, not that every legacy SPG hotel would necessarily do so. The hotel might have decided to terminate their participation in this promo.
in this case, they should ask to be removed from the websites scraving. They are not and I really doubt they are removed from the promo, they just said that this does not exist anymore with the merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.