Wiki Posts
Search

Booking challenges after the merge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:28 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Booking challenges after the merge

Are you able to book a Starwood property on the Marriott site? I am not. Here are my challenges.
  1. I can only log in to my Marriott account
  2. I can only see my Marriott reservations
  3. My 9 digit zipcode prepopulates but I am told is inaccurate.
  4. Although I linked the accounts, they continue to show the points that were there before the merged (albeit with the 3x delta on the Starwood side
  5. I cannot access the bookings that are in my Starwood account
  6. I can search for any property but if I choose a Starwood property to book, I am told that my Marriott number is not recognized.
  7. I do no better when using either the Marriott or the Starwood apps on my phone
Am I simply trying too early? Are these issues that will self resolve as the day goes on?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Aug 19, 2018 at 6:45 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Are you able to book a Starwood property on the Marriott site? I am not. Here are my challenges.
  1. I can only log in to my Marriott account
  2. I can only see my Marriott reservations
  3. My 9 digit zipcode prepopulates but I am told is inaccurate.
  4. Although I linked the accounts, they continue to show the points that were there before the merged (albeit with the 3x delta on the Starwood side
  5. I cannot access the bookings that are in my Starwood account
  6. I can search for any property but if I choose a Starwood property to book, I am told that my Marriott number is not recognized.
  7. I do no better when using either the Marriott or the Starwood apps on my phone
Am I simply trying too early? Are these issues that will self resolve as the day goes on?
You should have 2 Marriott accounts now. An extra one from the converted *W that should have your reservations. If you log in with your old *W # it should show the new Marriott #. I guess this is how they made it easier to ultimately merge them.
I would wait till they announce we can merge accounts ... hopefully then some of the oddities go away. My 2 cents.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:45 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
The merging of the accounts will happen only after the member triggers it once that functionality is ready. It has not been released yet. At that time you will choose which of your accounts is the new profile moving forward and merge the other intro that one.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:54 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I have the issue that I transferred (almost all) my SPG points to Marriott account on Thursday thinking it would make things easier.

Now when I try to book an SPG hotel with points from my Marriott account, it redirects to the old spg website. However I get a message telling me to check my SPG number as it isn't valid (i.e. my Marriott number).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:55 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
You should have 2 Marriott accounts now. An extra one from the converted *W that should have your reservations. If you log in with your old *W # it should show the new Marriott #. I guess this is how they made it easier to ultimately merge them.
Thank you. I had to find a browser that I had never used for either Marriott or Starwood and input my Starwood information. My new Starwood number popped up. With that, I was able to input it on the Starwood app and see my current bookings.

I am still unable to do any fresh bookings as my points are sitting with Marriott and the bookings I want are on the Starwood side.

Originally Posted by yosithezet
The merging of the accounts will happen only after the member triggers it once that functionality is ready. It has not been released yet. At that time you will choose which of your accounts is the new profile moving forward and merge the other intro that one.
Thank you for the helpful information.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Definitely still buggy for making new reservations.

Tried to book a Westin via the Marriott app. Shows cash rates but invisible when I search for award availability.

Then tried via SPG app. Pre-populated with new account number, used old password and all looked good. Searched for same Westin and saw award availablity. Tried to complete reservation and it said my credit card was not accepted at that particular property. Which is ... wait for it... my SPG AMEX. Thinking a US based property not accepting the card is a IT glitch. Especially since it won’t allow me to enter an alternate card. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.