Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
Marriott began the IT integration of its 3 loyalty programs on August 18 with a goal of combining them into one unified program. It told members to expect websites and apps to be inaccessible that day and problems stretched into the middle of the week. By Thursday, the dust seemed to settle although members continued to report specific issues.
Print Wikipost

How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?

Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Merging is live, when you sign in, there is a big butan saying "Let's get Started" or something like that to merge accounts - as posted above, it error'd for me on the last step
Nothing here yet.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
Why are people so eager to "do" things right now? I wouldn't dare touching my account or even logging in, until I hear some confirmation that whatever they are doing is done. I wouldn't want anything I do right now to get in the middle of their database batch jobs etc that makes my account in a state of limbo and unfixable.
RogerD408, goodeats21 and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Nothing here yet.
They've updated the website to show that merging is "coming soon": https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge-my-accounts.mi
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by roubaolic
Why are people so eager to "do" things right now? I wouldn't dare touching my account or even logging in, until I hear some confirmation that whatever they are doing is done. I wouldn't want anything I do right now to get in the middle of their database batch jobs etc that makes my account in a state of limbo and unfixable.
The status page says systems are up. Gotta get those 60k Cat8 reservations.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was able to make my first reservation just now! Existing reservation - hotel went down by 7,500 points.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I can't seem to book the St. Regis Princeville for any date with pts. Anyone tried?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I rebooked a couple of stays under lower rates. Prior points credited back corrected and new stay deducted properly. Definitely keep Excel handy to confirm your total points are correct. It's good that the email confirmation keeps track of your total balance.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found that:

1 - my Cat 4 certificates were not credited back
2 - confirmation e-mails somewhat slow
3 - Re-crediting of the cancellations are not all showing up on the Activities

Status showed Platinum maybe 15 minutes ago but now it shows Platinum Premier!...then the website went down again....
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
It seems to be just one big mess... why don’t they go live when everything is final?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hoteltraum
It seems to be just one big mess... why dont they go live when everything is final?
I think if they did that, people would be complaining things are taking too long You can't win with this kind of stuff. Those of us in IT who have been through this are probably a lot more understanding of the situation.
RogerD408 and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:01 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
I think the site is not ready yet. It seems we have some eager users want to snatch the hotel redemption of those Cat 8s before the frenzy (this include me). It was intermittent on redemption... Now they pulled out all the availability when I checked few min ago (23:50 PST Aug 18). I was successfull in making my X'mas redemption for St Regis for 60000 (new SPG/Marriott points) per night around 23:45 PST Aug 18 so the site is working intermittently.

For those on the west coast, by luck we have the site sort of working while East coast people are all asleep. It may worth check it once every 30 minutes or so before going to bed. You know those on Europe, and east coast are so ready like at 6:00am EST to begin the dash to redemption.

Last edited by yeunganson; Aug 19, 2018 at 1:24 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Trying to use Cat.8 benefits.

I find dates in the future for the base room (e.g., St. Regis Maldives - Garden View Suite) offer for 60k points/night in July 2019
I find the same base room available earlier (Nov/Dec), but unavailable to use points.
Seems that there's more to it than base room type availability...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I don't use my accounts as much as most of you probably do, mine is pretty much just points from my Amex, but I can't log in to my Marriott account or my SPG account.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:17 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Because the website is a carbon copy of the Marriott website, I know have the issue that I can no longer put in corporate codes into the booking mask using Safari. I have chrome installed only for the Marriott (and now Marriott plus SPG) bookings.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Lol, the iPad app is now showing my status as “Platinum Premier Referral”

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.