Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, VA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC

I'm looking to plan/exchange one of my timeshare weeks to here next year. Was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and has recommendations on which building or property location is more preferable, and just any other general insights into the property.

Usually I like to stay close to one of the pools, but can't tell from the resort map what the difference between the two pool areas are. Also, I understand that this was done in phases... which part of the resort is the older original Manor Club and which are the newer Manor Club Sequel buildings?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I have been staying at Ford's Colony for years. I have stayed at both the older and newer buildings and they are both fine. This property is located several miles away from Colonial Williamsburg and there is very little to do in the immediate vicinity. However, it is a beautiful property in a very upscale residential area sitting right on a golf course.
The buildings right by the office are the older ones--the ones across the street are the newer buildings. I have never been disappointed by the room conditions and resort activities. Enjoy!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Not sure when your trip is, but there is construction going on near Ford's Colony. The infromation below is from Marriott's webiste and only pops up when you click to check availability:

Renovation Information
Ongoing construction at the property adjacent to Manor Club through March 31, 2010. Work hours are 7am-6pm Mon-Fri with limited impact to our resort. Amenities are not affected.

Just an FYI... but you may want to check to make sure construction is going to be completed before you book.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Sep 1, 2009, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My trip won't be until Memorial Day week next year so it shoul dbe done by then.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Has anyone stayed at Marriott's Manor Club of late? I need to be in Williamsburg for work. Outside of a Fairfield or Courtyard, the only real choice seems to be between this property and the Autograph Collection property.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Has anyone stayed at Marriott's Manor Club of late? I need to be in Williamsburg for work. Outside of a Fairfield or Courtyard, the only real choice seems to be between this property and the Autograph Collection property.
Also interested in an answer. Thx
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:27 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
It looks like we will have a few groups staying either here and/or at the Autograph Williamsburg Lodge in spring 2020. Hoping to hear more about these two properties. Anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.