Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:18 pm

From my last extended stay there, IIRC, they have 2 menus, but I don't remember what the schedule is for switching between the menus. Similarly, they switch things up at Orchid Cafe as well, but that's mostly moving things around.

And of course, they update the menus regularly as well. There's a few new or modified items from when I was there last time.

You can try asking for the steak and eggs, even if it's not on the menu.

I think the sausage was the Italian sausage they had on one of the two menus. I think they also had a Chiang Mai sausage? Of course, the Alaskan Salmon was great, as was the steak and eggs.

Keep us updated!

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 4, 2018 at 5:10 pm
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
There was always 2 menus changing I think weekly so those items may be on the second menu.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
I don't remember seeing two menus at Rossini's anyway they both must have had steak and eggs as it used to be available everyday I was there.

But it definitely is not on the menu anymore, the sausage has gone as well. There really is not much on the menu that appeals to me anymore. I had the eggs benedict today which was OK but the eggs were under cooked for my liking. I will see if the menu changes later in the week, in the meantime I think I will be having my breakfast at the Orchid Cafe
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by drron
There was always 2 menus changing I think weekly so those items may be on the second menu.
At breakfast they have only one menu on display, but they change between Executive Breakfast A and B (see Rossinisbangkok.com) every 3 days. At least that's what I had been told during my last stay in June.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
It was the second menu today. The French toast is on the second menu but no steak or sausage. I asked for the steak and eggs and they were very happy to cook it even though it is no longer on the menu.
LIH Prem, Central90210 and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well I see the property's website has now been completely ruined.

Among other useful items that have been removed are the book 3 nights, pay for 2 offer, which I was going to use for my upcoming stay. Oh well.

At least I already have email address for SGS Concierge, since that's also been removed.

ETA: The Promo Code is Z3R, for anyone who wants to use it. Thank you, Wayback Machine.

Last edited by Kacee; Aug 19, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:05 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well I see the property's website has now been completely ruined.

Among other useful items that have been removed are the book 3 nights, pay for 2 offer, which I was going to use for my upcoming stay. Oh well.

At least I already have email address for SGS Concierge, since that's also been removed.

ETA: The Promo Code is Z3R, for anyone who wants to use it. Thank you, Wayback Machine.
I also have a stay at SGS next month. I have regularly noticed the Z3R rate is rarely the best, anymore, as they only offer a few of each room type at that rate, so sometimes the Z3R is available for a higher room type and more expensive than the lowest prepaid member rate. At least for the dates I booked, over a month out.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
5 night stay coming up next week and reminder email now has me in a Grande Suite on a points booking. Interesting thing is that I applied Suite nights but as there are three of us in the room it says they cannot be used when looking at the reservation although still showing consumed. From my perspective it will not be an issue if they are not returned.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Difference between luxury suite and grande suite

Hi, I’m considering booking here for 4 upcoming nights towards the end of the year. What is the difference between a luxury suite and a grande suite? I’m a platinum premier (or whatever the SPG 75 night tier translates to now in the combined program) if that makes a difference.

Also does anyone know if I can apply a SNA to upgrade to one of the higher tier suites?

thanks for any help!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:04 pm

I believe they are the same rooms, and the higher priced one (luxury) includes evening cocktails. We already get that benefit as an SPG Plat so there's no reason to book the higher end room or suites.

There are some high end themed suites at the SGS but you generally can't SNA your way into a themed suite.

The strategy here used to be book the Grande Room and apply SNAs and hope you get a Grande Suite. Either way you will get butler service, breakfast, 2 pieces of laundry per guest and evening cocktails in your choice of venues, etc.

We really have no idea how any of that is working now that the programs have merged. Let us know how it works out.

Enjoy your stay!

-David
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
We really have no idea how any of that is working now that the programs have merged. Let us know how it works out.
I was here early September and nothing has changed.

If the theme suites are available, they will upgrade Plats into them. I'm not sure what their criteria are, but suspect it helps if you've already booked into a Grand or Luxury suite and/or are a returning guest. I don't believe applying an SNA matters (but that's not based on anything they've told me).
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
If the theme suites are available, they will upgrade Plats into them. I'm not sure what their criteria are, but suspect it helps if you've already booked into a Grand or Luxury suite and/or are a returning guest. I don't believe applying an SNA matters (but that's not based on anything they've told me).
Did you get upgraded into a themed suite? Did you book into a suite? I know one FTer who occasionally gets upgraded into the pool suite, but he has a ton of stays there. (and when it happens, it's usually a one-off or a short stay.)

I have a lot of stays there too, but I wouldn't expect a themed suite upgrade.

-David
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks everyone for the help!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I don't know if the rumors of Mr. Chapman's retirement - sometime next year - are true, but it is difficult to imagine the hotel without him. It this is confirmed, we wish him a long and happy retirement and thank him for the way he ran the hotel for all those years.

If he has not decided yet, we will be happy have a few words with him when he stops by at Rossini in the morning or at the living Room in the evening, during our stays for the months to come.

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 20, 2018 at 6:11 am
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
From what I have seen, Mr. Chapman is probably the prototype of what a hotel GM should be like.

As to the hotel, it is still great. Tiny detail, I just wish they could bring back the Japanese rice crackers instead of peanuts (or as alternative option) with the evening cocktails in the Living Room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.