Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
If you have the SPG Business credit card, you should get access to Sheraton clubs.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Originally Posted by PatMike
If you have the SPG Business credit card, you should get access to Sheraton clubs.
Outstanding recommendation. Thank you! Applied for and was approved straightaway and noticed that lounge access is one of the card's benefits. Problem solved (well at least that problem)
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
bad news for platinums- club lounge closing

Received this e-mail less than one week before our upcoming trip about the club lounge closing for ?? amount of time. By the time I received the e-mail out points reservation was non-refundable- how convenient :-) We booked the Sheraton based on the amazing benefits offered to platinum- especially the club lounge that would have saved us an enormous amount of money on food/drinks. I asked the manager about extending these benefits in a different location (as they did in 2017 when the club lounge closed for renovations- see previous post) or offering different benefits (free mini bar/ lunch/ non-alcoholic beverages) in which they replied "they will offer no alternative benefits." Wow- harsh and not good customer service to the most loyal to the brand.
They did extend an upgrade to an over water bungalow (we had booked deluxe room and suite night award upgrades had cleared to beachfront cottage) which I accepted but don't view this as much of an olive branch considering many platinum's are upgraded to over water bungalows during low season.
Will report back as to how my stay goes- but just a warning to platinum- DO NOT BOOK THIS RESORT AND ASSUME CLUB LEVEL BENEFITS!

Sunny Greetings from Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa.

Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination in Maldives.

Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa would like to announce the closure of the club lounge – Sheraton Club with effect from 29th July, 2018.

Please find below the benefits of Platinum Members staying with us.

• 1600Hrs Late check out subject to availability
  • Choice of Welcome Amenity
  • Room upgrade up to Beach Front Cottage – Subject to availability
  • Complimentary of enhance Wi Fi in the room.

We apologize for any inconvenience and pleased to offer our sincere thanks for your utmost understanding.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance!

Warm regards,

Yusvi

GUSTI YUSVI

Reservation Team Leader
T +960 665 0225 F +960 665 0228
sheraton.com like us on Facebook follow us on Twitter follow us on Instagram
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
That's too bad. Hopefully you'll get full breakfast buffet in the restaurant.

Also, would love to see pictures of the mini-islands blocking the Male construction. Hopefully the mini-islands should be completed now.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MRT Lifetime Titanium Elite, UAL, DL, SPG
No more Club Lounge

I'm going to the Sheraton Full Moon in September and received this email. I'm a lifetime platinum elite and platinum premier with Marriott.

Dear Koss,

Sunny Greetings from Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa.

Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination in Maldives.

Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa would like to announce the closure of the club lounge – Sheraton Club with effect from 29th July, 2018.

Please find below the benefits of Platinum Members staying with us.
  • 1600Hrs Late check out subject to availability
  • Choice of Welcome Amenity
  • Room upgrade up to Beach Front Cottage – Subject to availability
  • Complimentary of enhance Wi Fi in the room.
We apologize for any inconvenience and pleased to offer our sincere thanks for your utmost understanding.

Warm regards,

Yusvi

GUSTI YUSVI

Reservation Team Leader
T +960 665 0225 F +960 665 0228
sheraton.com like us on Facebook follow us on Twitter follow us on Instagram

I asked about upgrades and the club. The reply back was the following email:

"Thank you for your email.

First of all we do apologize for the inconvenience that may cause your booking experience.

As per the SPG policy Sheraton Club Lounge access may or may not be provided in the resort based on the local policy and unfortunately that the closure is started before your check in date and there will be no alternative service provided.

We are value your loyalty towards SPG and we are delighted to get a chance to welcome and serve you in our resort. Hence as good gesture from resort, we can provide confirmed upgrade to Beach Front Cottage instead of subject to availability upgrade. Kindly advise if we can go ahead for the confirmed upgrade.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for your understanding.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance!"

Pretty underwhelming to say the least!! Hey - sorry we yanked the club benefits but we can confirm an upgrade that you probably would have received anyway. The booking agent when I made the reservation said because of my status they should upgrade me to the "best possible room available at the time of check in. Even an over the water suite"....yeah...not so much. I'm kind of bummed I booked that property now.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The guy 2 posts above yours was offered an OTWB!

(Frankly, when I was there, I spent my first night in a beach cottage, and they offered to move me to OTWB for nights 2 and 3, and after I saw the bungalow, I asked to go back to my cottage.)
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MRT Lifetime Titanium Elite, UAL, DL, SPG
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The guy 2 posts above yours was offered an OTWB!

(Frankly, when I was there, I spent my first night in a beach cottage, and they offered to move me to OTWB for nights 2 and 3, and after I saw the bungalow, I asked to go back to my cottage.)

Looks like that guy was already upgraded to the beachfront cottage so he got upgraded to the OTWB. So glad my 1,750+ nights with the Marriott/SPG is paying off...NOT!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
The club lounge is PERMANENTLY CLOSED! See e-mail below.

to jfks35- I used SNA's to upgrade to the beachfront cottage and then got the OWB from my complaint e-mail about the lounge closure. Who knows we may request to downgrade after we see both.

Thank you for your email. We understand your concern with regards to your condition and your preferences.However as per the policy we should not provide any replacement benefit for closure of the club lounge since it is permanent closure.

Kindly inform that previous closure was happened due to renovation and for some considerations it could not be compared to the closure at this time.

We really appreciate your patience, however we are not able to provide any further compensation apart from the complimentary upgrade.

We will make sure that we will not charge twice for shared speed boat transfer.

Warm regards,

Yusvi
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
That is really bad. It completely changes the experience and value of this resort for Platinums.

I had had a great stay here about three years ago shortly after the lounge opened and apart from the significant value of breakfast, alcohol and evening snacks, we really liked the private pool area away from the package tourists and their kids.

Is is there a new GM there? A stingy one who despises loyalty programmes and loves the net rate from package tourists. We’ve come across these characters before and don’t return to their hotels.

I remember hearing way back that the club was opened by the GM who wanted more SPG members to come.

Closing the club probably adds about $100-150 a day to your holiday for food and booze at their Maldives prices.

No no return for me.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
No return definitely!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Sucks to hear this. Will be crossing off this hotel from my future bucket list.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I was thinking of booking here for 7 nights while pairing it with somewhere a little more aspirational! It will now be forgotton about!

Also terrible for people who booked already! Certainly no way to treat Plats, very disappointing to see Marriott allowing this!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been to this property twice in the past 3 years and was looking forward to going back. Will give it a pass now.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
.......very disappointing to see Marriott allowing this!
IMHO, Marriott's restrictive rules about club access at resorts encouraged this change. This resort could have rebranded as Marriott and club access will be denied to Platinum without paying. Management chose to closed the club instead.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Had a great time when we were there in 2017! Great service, great people. But yes, the lounge made it for the fact that the resort is way to close to Male. I guess we too will give it a pass in the future...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.