Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:04 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Hey guys,

I know things anywhere around the Maldvies is relatively expensive, but what damage am I looking at when say, I eat at the Feast buffet? breakfast,dinner wise?

Thanks,
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Any recent trip reports? Maybe someone can answer a few questions-
- I know the 'bungalows' do not, but do the 'overwater villas' have air conditioning in the bathroom?
- Has anyone stayed in what seems to be the newer 'Ocean Villas'? Any idea if these villas have air conditioned bathrooms?
- I found an 'all inclusive' rate of $1330/night for the Ocean Villas. Has anyone used this rate plan before/had any problems with limitations on the 'all inclusive' part?

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Anyone have Ursual's email address or concierge?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:10 pm

Is the half board worth the $102 daily per person? Taking the $28 out for breakfast, will I really spend $74 on dinner per person? I'm thinking alcohol is not included in the half board price.

Originally Posted by naparima
[URL=

Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
Food prices

I requested information in 2010 about food prices, so this is dated a bit but i know it is a big concern for everyone going. I received this information after a request of what the menu's at a couple of the restaurants were and what full board and half board options would cost.

I was told there was a half board option for $65 pp and full board for $120 pp.

I received a menu for the sand coast restaurant and prices were $2 forr the burger, $18 for the BLT, Apps were $17-$22 and mains for $29-$49.

For the Baan Thai restaurant, Apps, soups and salads were $14-19. Pad Thai was $27, Green Curry $27 and seafood dishes were much more and vegetarian dishes were about $21.

Hope this is helpful!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Peatisback
- I know the 'bungalows' do not, but do the 'overwater villas' have air conditioning in the bathroom?
Nope.

- Has anyone stayed in what seems to be the newer 'Ocean Villas'? Any idea if these villas have air conditioned bathrooms?
Haven't stayed but had a look. These are on the most eastern side of the island. They do not have a beach but rather ocean view.

- I found an 'all inclusive' rate of $1330/night for the Ocean Villas. Has anyone used this rate plan before/had any problems with limitations on the 'all inclusive' part?
If I would be paying $1330 I would run and stay at a more quality property.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:51 pm

It does, thanks. Just got this email. The prices have gone up for the half and full board, but I hope not too much on the ala carte menu.

Sunny Greetings from Sheraton Maldives!

Buffet Breakfast @ USD 28.00 per person per day.
Half Board (Buffet Breakfast & Dinner) @ USD 102.00 per person per day.
Full Board (Buffet Breakfast, lunch and dinner) @ USD164.00 per person per day.

Upgrade from Beachfront Deluxe room to:-
Beachside Cottage @ USD 143.00 per night
Beachfront Cottage @ USD222.00 per night
Water Bungalow @ USD 262.00 per night.

For Meal plan you can choose prior to arrival or even on arrival, which meal plan to have.
Platinum members will be entitled to have Upgrades unto Water Bungalow rooms on availability basis at the time of check-in only.

Upgrade from Beachfront Deluxe to:-
Water Villa @ USD 496.00 per night
Ocean Villa @ USD780.00 per night

Originally Posted by Rusty65
I requested information in 2010 about food prices, so this is dated a bit but i know it is a big concern for everyone going. I received this information after a request of what the menu's at a couple of the restaurants were and what full board and half board options would cost.

I was told there was a half board option for $65 pp and full board for $120 pp.

I received a menu for the sand coast restaurant and prices were $2 forr the burger, $18 for the BLT, Apps were $17-$22 and mains for $29-$49.

For the Baan Thai restaurant, Apps, soups and salads were $14-19. Pad Thai was $27, Green Curry $27 and seafood dishes were much more and vegetarian dishes were about $21.

Hope this is helpful!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:45 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Thanks chanp for the info.

Food prices don't seem too overboard so I guess I am satisfied, and thankfully it helps because where I am coming from, the AUD is currently > the USD

I'll be having a quick visit to Maldives in a few weeks time.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Thanks chanp for the info.

Food prices don't seem too overboard so I guess I am satisfied, and thankfully it helps because where I am coming from, the AUD is currently > the USD

I'll be having a quick visit to Maldives in a few weeks time.
Maybe I'll see you there? Nov 12-19th. Food seems ok to me too. Not sure I will do half board everyday, but I am sure I will for at least half of my days/nights.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:08 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I just finished a 4 night stay at this property. 1 night in a beachfront deluxe and 3 nights in the new Ocean Villas.

Some random thoughts:

- I really like the Ocean Villas and they have been designed very thoughfully and luxuriously. (I will try and get some pics up later, once I can figure out how to do it! )
- There is a very spacious natural lit bathroom with a huge free-standing bathtub, and a separate rainshower cubicle. There is also an outdoor rainshower outside in the garden where the private pool is.
- The private pool is a very decent size and 1.26m deep.
- There is also a very comfortable hammock in the garden, as well as patio table with 2 chairs, a semicircular cushioned outdoor "love couch" and 2 sun loungers.
- Illy expresso maker in the villa. ^
- Toiletries are the same across the hotel. Nothing special for the villas here.
- Ocean villas are numbers 401-420. I would avoid 401 and 402, because if you stand at the spa entrance on the spa island you can somewhat see into the pool area of these two villas. 403 onwards have complete privacy. My ideal would be between 403-407. Nothing wrong with the higher numbers beyond that, but just a longer walk!

- Note that the beachfront deluxe rooms do not have a bathtub! Just a hand shower with a hook on the wall pipe. Very surprising miss for a luxury resort.

Food:
- Bann Thai: The food is good, but not spectacular. I tried a couple of curries which were fine but nothing "wow". The chicken/beef dishes are in the $30ies, basic seafood in $40ies, fancier seafood (prawn/lobster) in $50ies. Rice/noodles, starters etc around $20. I would estimate around $100pp for a decent three course meal with one cocktail. Wine starts at $75 (for a decent Gruner Veltiner!)
The service in Bann Thai was really poor however. There was a 15 minute wait after seating before drinks orders were taken. My Drambuie on ice came in a tall glass mixed to the brim with water! The crackers arrived almost as we were finishing the main course. Some peanut sauce that we asked for took a long while to get. Eventually I mentioned this to the manager, and was apologetically told it was because our waiter was a trainee!
Hopefully this will be rectified!

- I tried room service a few times. The food is generally of a very high quality. The burger was delicious and filling. The patty was superb.
Croque Madame for breakfast one day was also very fresh.

- Anchorage Bar service is excellent and a great place to laze around. The Maldivian Tuna sandwich I had there was incredibly fresh.

All the breads which are baked onsite are very fresh.

- The macaroons made by the pastry chef are just divine! Certainly give Laduree a run for their money! ^

- American/Continental Breakfast in room is $36/27 respectively. However my one major gripe is that the juice included in the breakfast is chilled and not fresh. The same breakfast in the restaurant has fresh juice. To get the fresh juice in the in-room American breakfast is a further $9 supplement. This to me is nickel-and-diming and something that I haven't seen in any luxury hotel in Asia. I regularly have American breakfast thru room service and virtually all luxury hotels in India, Thailand, China etc serve the fresh juice as part of it.

Spa
- Excellent facility, very well cared for. The manager is a thai lady and very efficient. The therapist I had was Indonesian and very good. (All female therapists at the moment.) The spa rooms are very comfortable and one side is open to a private garden/water which adds a lot to the ambience.
- Massages start at $95 for 50 minutes, which I felt was quite reasonable.

Platinum:
- Platinum upgrades are to water bungalows if available. However this property has seen a very large number of Plats, especially on redemption. During my stay dates there were over 60 Plats in house!
My humble suggestion would be that to avoid disppointment, go there with the assumption that the only guaranteed Plat benefit is the (rather slow) free wired internet in room. And think of anything else you get (upgrade or late check-out) as a bonus. Or if you really really want a specific room for a honeymoon or whatever, then the supplements for a confirmed upgrade in advance are:

Also for Maldives, I think Hyatt & Hilton Diamonds have a big elite benefit of complementary breakfast which is close to a $70 value per day for a couple here.

Yes, they do. 4 AC ducts in the bathroom, with one in each section.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Platinum:
- Platinum upgrades are to water bungalows if available. However this property has seen a very large number of Plats, especially on redemption. During my stay dates there were over 60 Plats in house!
My humble suggestion would be that to avoid disppointment, go there with the assumption that the only guaranteed Plat benefit is the (rather slow) free wired internet in room. And think of anything else you get (upgrade or late check-out) as a bonus. Or if you really really want a specific room for a honeymoon or whatever, then the supplements for a confirmed upgrade in advance are:
That's very weak. No real benefits? No free breakfast, no lounge? Another Sheraton to avoid
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by OliverM
That's very weak. No real benefits? No free breakfast, no lounge? Another Sheraton to avoid
not true....this is a very good property....please remember that this a premium resort so you can't expect to get everything for free....
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:06 am
Suspended

It seems they offer nothing at all (but a slot Internet). The Tripadvisor reviews are not really superb. Other hotels which I know, e.g. Hilton, Conrad, Hyatt, offer free breakfast (and often more) for their Platinum/Diamond guests. I can certainly expect the same from a Sheraton.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by OliverM
It seems they offer nothing at all (but a slot Internet). The Tripadvisor reviews are not really superb. Other hotels which I know, e.g. Hilton, Conrad, Hyatt, offer free breakfast (and often more) for their Platinum/Diamond guests. I can certainly expect the same from a Sheraton.
hilton offers free breakfast for diamond & gold members....spg does not....its not part of their program benefits....its not fair to complain about something that is not part of the program benefits to begin with....
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by AJLondon
... Very surprising miss for a luxury resort.
Originally Posted by Keyser
.please remember that this a premium resort so you can't expect to get everything for free....
Not saying that this wouldn't be better than average Sheraton but calling this a luxury or premium resort is way over the top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.