Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Here right now for a few days, second stay here, as Plat got upgraded to an OWB, which was not expected but very welcome.

Does anyone know if nespresso machines got removed from all bungalows (last year we had one) or are we in a different villa type?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:42 am

I am at the resort now actually. Booked an island cottage and was upgraded to a beachfront cottage. The resort is fairly empty and I think there's a lot of rooms available. I was offered an upgrade as a platinum to an OWB for a fee, which is a bit surprising. I think those people getting upgraded for free to OWB are probably booked in beachfront cottages? The cottage is awesome but we may try to get a bungalow for a night or two to try it out. Has anyone had success getting that room without paying the fee? I'm not sure how they are asking for a fee unless they consider those premium view which are excluded from platinum upgrades?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:29 am

Update: they are only upgrading platinums to beach cottage for free as I am being told that is the highest platinum upgrade. Strange since other people are reporting success. I was even told that if you book a beach cottage that is what you will get unless you pay for the upgrade with cash or points. The hotel is at very low occupancy but they are holding out for $$. So any plats should keep that in mind. Don't get me wrong this resort is amazing and the club lounge is outstanding. But I stressed a lot wondering about the upgrades here and this is what info was told to me by staff and confirmed by a manager. In the end the beachfront cottage is awesome and I think they want $130 including tax for the upgrade to OWB which we may do on the last night. Whether or not that complies with the spg program I don't know and I'll at least try to figure it out when I get home. But I hope this helps other plats plan their stay. Right now the hotel is at very low occupancy so I am confident that this strategy is in place. Perhaps others had success when the beach cottages were all booked and the only upgrade they could give was to a bungalow. I think they do work with ambassadors as well which sometimes has success.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
See my post #239. I used an SNA to upgrade to beachfront cottage, then asked and got an OTWB (for free) for m second night, but in the end decided I preferred my beach front cottage. So there must have been a change in policy.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:37 pm

Update: but the bullet and paid the upgrade fee after talkin with another platinum guest who went from the beach cottage to the bungalow. The bungalow is extremely nice, a huge upgrade over the cottage. The room looks recently remodeled. The bathroom although indoors has panoramic ocean views from the bath tub! Definitely worth the cost. Note that we are in a club bungalow which I believe is different than the regular OWB. Highly recommended.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there more than 12" of water under your Club Bungalow? Is there a glass floor so you can see the fish swim underneath?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:36 am

No glass floor. It's deep enough for me to jump off the deck without bottoming out. Side by side I would take the bungalow over the beach cottage anytime. I found out today they are remodeling all of the bungalows to be individual without connecting walls but some are still old. I am definitely happy to be in a remodeled one and not one of the older connected ones.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds better than the one I was offered.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:35 am

Just got back from a 4-night award stay. Resort was fairly empty during the week, but at over 94% occupancy on the weekend (I asked!). I am SPG Gold and have SPG Business Amex.

I booked the first night at a regular cottage (22.5K points) and 3 more nights at a regular room (10K points+ $180 per night). We were offerred to upgrade to an over-water bungalow for ~$160/night plus taxes and fees.

Upon check-in and without me requesting anything, they told me and that I was upgraded to a beach cottage for the entire stay. They also gave us free access to the Sheraton Club Lounge (due to SPG Business Amex), which includes free breakfast, free all days snacks (including beer), and free evening cocktails.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:19 am

I've read a few reviews of this resort and everybody says it's nowhere near the PH or Conrad. I'm planning a trip to Maldives in Feb 2017, and I like that it doesn't require another flight from MLE. I've been to Bora Bora IHG properties at IC Le MOana as well as Thalasso. Moana is 4 stars, Thalasso is 5 stars. Would that be a fair analogy for Sheraton vs PH/Conrad?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by eyal
Just got back from a 4-night award stay. Resort was fairly empty during the week, but at over 94% occupancy on the weekend (I asked!). I am SPG Gold and have SPG Business Amex.

I booked the first night at a regular cottage (22.5K points) and 3 more nights at a regular room (10K points+ $180 per night). We were offerred to upgrade to an over-water bungalow for ~$160/night plus taxes and fees.
Is this the typical amount people are quoted to upgrade to OWB from an award booking? I'm also SPG Gold and have AMEX SPG Business card. Looking to stay next February.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
It may be irrelevant as it is from March of last year, but we were also upgraded to OWB as Platinum with no cost or hassle.

As to the question around kids, they would certainly be fine at the club lounge. Free breakfast, snacks, and evening drinks at sunset.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:54 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've read a few reviews of this resort and everybody says it's nowhere near the PH or Conrad. I'm planning a trip to Maldives in Feb 2017, and I like that it doesn't require another flight from MLE. I've been to Bora Bora IHG properties at IC Le MOana as well as Thalasso. Moana is 4 stars, Thalasso is 5 stars. Would that be a fair analogy for Sheraton vs PH/Conrad?
I can't speak for the Conrad in the Maldives or the French Polynesia resorts, but I can say that I have stayed at both the Sheraton Full Moon and the Park Hyatt Maldives in the same trip. The PH Maldives blows the Sheraton out of the water in every sense of the means.

The Sheraton, while a nice property, isn't unique to the Maldives. It's very close to the airport (noise), is full of guests (mostly groups it seems). I used it as a transit hotel to get to the Hyatt and I think others are as well. The PHMaldives is much quieter and remote with the best house reef, possibly in the world.

A better comparison would be to compare the PHMaldives to a comparable Starwood luxury resort like the new St Regis or the W Maldives, both of which I haven't stayed at.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Contacted the property in advance of a November stay to see about confirming to an OWB as this is part of a very special trip. SPG play booked into a base room. I was offered an upgrade price of $247 (inclusive of taxes).

Is it OK to counter? I wasn't expecting a complimentary upgrade to OWB but that pruce, in low season, seems steep. Is it better to politely decline and see what happens when I get there?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
Contacted the property in advance of a November stay to see about confirming to an OWB as this is part of a very special trip. SPG play booked into a base room. I was offered an upgrade price of $247 (inclusive of taxes).

Is it OK to counter? I wasn't expecting a complimentary upgrade to OWB but that pruce, in low season, seems steep. Is it better to politely decline and see what happens when I get there?
I'd wait until Sept. to contact them again. In the meantime keep comparing paid rates and file a BRG if you can. I snagged a OWB for $402 including breakfast, which I consider a better value vs. spending points + upgrade $.

Last edited by imverge; Mar 26, 2016 at 10:32 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.